What is your favorite weapon

Predjee

wich one can i use best ? i seem to have problems finding the right weapon for the right allien :rolleyes:

there is this allien called "curldsomething" i cant remember it correctly ;) i tried almost ever weapon on it an it just takes ages to take him doen.. really weird cuz he seems to hit everything at long ranges in burst mode, so mostly it takes me 3 man to put 1 of them down :blink:

also what are the major differences between SOFT HARD and universal ammo ??

Sorry bout my poor english :-) just another dutchie :P

simply put:

hard ammo is as you say higher caliber weapons mainly armour piercing, now as it says on some of the autopsies on the aliens some of them are pretty soft and they don't feel pain so what use is blasing a little hole the size of an acorn in 1 if it aint gonna feel it?

It'll just keep coming at you. Thats what sift ammo is for which is probably hollow tipped bullets, hollow tip is designed to do max damage to unarmoured or soft targets, as on the bullet leaving the other side it creates alot of pressure and blows a massive hole out the back. Against an armoured target soft ammo is just going to bounce off.

so there is a reason to have several types of damage in your squad. Aliens that use sky armour are weakest to conventional weapons, hard, soft or universal. Aliens that use sun armour are weakest to energy weapons, burn, laser, plasma etc.

so chose your weapons/targets carefully depending on the situation :rolleyes:

simply put:

hard ammo is as you say higher caliber weapons mainly armour piercing, now as it says on some of the autopsies on the aliens some of them are pretty soft and they don't feel pain so what use is blasing a little hole the size of an acorn in 1 if it aint gonna feel it?

It'll just keep coming at you. Thats what sift ammo is for which is probably hollow tipped bullets, hollow tip is designed to do max damage to unarmoured or soft targets, as on the bullet leaving the other side it creates alot of pressure and blows a massive hole out the back. Against an armoured target soft ammo is just going to bounce off.

so there is a reason to have several types of damage in your squad. Aliens that use sky armour are weakest to conventional weapons, hard, soft or universal. Aliens that use sun armour are weakest to energy weapons, burn, laser, plasma etc.

so chose your weapons/targets carefully depending on the situation  :rolleyes:

thnx !! this really helps !!

In my opinion there is no best weapon in the game, there is a combination of weapons that is really cool.

In Kapustin Yar I discovered that there is a combination that works against ANY ammount of enemy:

2 sniper rifles (2 Barrets or PSG1)

2 long range rifles (1 shotgun - the Neo thingie and one advanced laser gun)

1 advanced plasma gun

1 rocket launcher

1 MP7 for the medic.

The thing is that using this kind a team you MUST not use the cool armors (sky, sun, bio or heavy), but use advanced combat armors with PSI helmets. I finished both Area 51 and Kapustin Yar with such squad without loosing a single soldier.

:rolleyes:

It depends from the situation.

Outside:

HA with Railgun or Gatling. But I prefer the Gatling, cause of the extra Ammo you can take.

Alien Weapon Advanced Laser Rifle.

Human Styr and G3

Inside:

Grenades

CAWS (salvo)

Grenades

Neodingsbums (blue Shootgun)

Grenades

HA with Gatling

and did I already say Grenades :rolleyes:

Alith

mp7 is the best human wep by far imo(defiantly the best handgun skill wep)

the big misconception with hard ammo i think is that ppl see hard ammo and think thing like big arsed cannonballs and massive shells. hard ammo is as it say hard. it doesnt splinter when it impacts