Igor Zhandovich

Paul Jasper

Jack Howitz

Rocio Lee

<soldier needed>

<soldier needed>

<soldier needed>

<soldier needed>

It's a valid point, if the missile misses it's all going to go very pear shaped very fast but I was kind of hoping that wasn't going to happen! Like it says now in several posts, if we lose the US this early then we really are screwed. I wasn't actually expecting the UFO to get so close, there's no way we can cover this up!

Best way forward is probably to drive it away from the city but failing that a little wanton destruction is never unecessary in such matters :) Just go and read the last UFO entries in the Apoc fic, we tore a sacuer apart in the air, had it glance off the roof of a tower block and then slice a few hydrofarm towers in half before hitting the ground and having a few more missiles slotted into it's roof!

I love it when things explode :)

It's just a little bit earlier, in the fanfic itself:

Yeah, but I thought Howitz was tagging along on this mission, too. Which kinda throws the whole thing outta kilter... :)

And compare a UFO crashing into a couple buildings/houses with a terrorist UFO unloading its, uh, 'terror' on the city. :)

Ooorr... maybe the UFO could "luckily" crash into a park or something? :)

Well, there's the Potomac River quite handy (see expedia.co.uk for maps) if you can avoid all the landmark monuments, we could get the Navy divers to recover the wreckage

Isn't the potomatc river polluted to the degree where it would probably dissolve the UFO?

I'm back. I was busy with school, Halo2, and Kingdom of Loathing.

Veteran's trying to create wanton destruction by blowing stuff up agin? Bad Veteran. Bad.

As to these missions, why not set it up so that right after the first mission ends, the second starts?

As well, we could just split squad 3 in half and add the halves to Squads 1 and 2 until we get more people.

Ooh, everyone's back! :)

I never let Rubenstien out of med, so I sent Howitz instead. Ten squad members.

I haven't updated the listings for a while, so squad 3 now has Hank's new character in it as well, and needs three more to be fielded.

Will read fic later, low on time... :)

Vet, I'm blaming you for the heart-attack of the old guy visiting the Lincoln Memorial when the UFO exploded, though to be honest, he did smoke a lot. :)

(if you've never been to washington, like me, here's a cheat sheet) https://www.nps.gov/nama/graphics/WelcomeToWashington1.pdf

Why would XCOM maintain secrecy even after UFO's become well known, we ask ourselves?

Well, maybe because it makes it harder for the alien infiltration agents working at THE TOP LEVELS OF WORLD GOVERNMENT to find the bases and/or cut off funding. So many black budgets, so little time...

I still have to have Genega or some bright member of staff realize the real reason for the terror missions was to draw XCOM into a fight they can't win, and either eliminate us as a threat or at least gain more info on our capabilities.

I picture this latest UFO as an infiltration agent meeting with a contact in the CIA - a TRAITOR to earth, or a hidden hybrid - maybe making a pickup or delivery?

Anyway, time to strip off the XCOM velcro badges and stick on the SOCOM velcro badges, 'cos we're crashing this party.

eh, Special Operations COMmand, according to Google. There's a game SOCOM:Navy Seals. They're American so it'll be easier to bluff away their presence on American soil and maintain our secrecy. It was either them or the local SWAT. Anyone with a better bluff, feel free to write it in, as usual :huh:

edit: post looking good, BB. In my post, when Vet loosed his missile, the aliens figured they were within missile range so there was no use trying to land without dealing with the Interceptor threat. Without his action the aliens would have made it safely to ground (unsafe to fire missiles downwards at the buildings) and discharged a terror squad in Washington. Any ideas on how to/should I make this more clear?

Awesome Trigger did a good thing :huh: That doesn't happen often. Especially as a result of a randomly uncontrolled missile launch from an incredibly powerful and fast moving jet fighter attempting to intercept an alien saucer over the capital of the world's most pointless, I mean democratic ;) country!

I'm going to see if I can land a post of my own now, I only have 20 minutes though so I may not!