Announcement Day

thecyke

Firaxis have announced their new title is indeed a Pirates remake - no mention of X-Com at all sadly. To quote Gamespot; "According to Meier, Firaxis has received more requests to revisit Pirates! than for any of his other previous games in the more than 15 years since the original game's release. " Well, he obviously hasn't been around here then has he !?!

Also, time is running out for question submissions for Dave Ellis, as plugged below by Pete. Remember, this guy wrote strategy guides for all the X-Com games (or nearly all), was the official timeline keeper of X-Com, brought us Interceptor and would have brought us the ultimate X-Com game in Genesis. This is a golden opportunity to fire a question at an X-Com legend! Get your questions in asap on practically anything X-Com related.

I don't think there is much left to ask about X-COM after all this time, except for the what could have been, if... And that isn't really uplifting. For the SPIRIT, I mean! :) There isn't even any point in asking what will be with X-COM in the future, since god only knows what's going to happen with the title licence... :)

But I hope I'll be surprised.

Title licence for X-COM is just now live on EBAY at a modest price of 200k, hop right over and we can buy it :) rigggggggggggghhhhhhht.

I imagine if they dont make a game out of it in say.... 5 years or so some random fanturnedintoprogramer will buy it and try to get something started, that or rot indefinitlly :) ahhh the grate options posed to us

F3

I imagine if they dont make a game out of it in say.... 5 years or so some random fanturnedintoprogramer will buy it and try to get something started, that or rot indefinitlly  :)  ahhh the grate options posed to us

F3

Ah! Do you have precognitive ability? Thats what i hoped to do!

I don't think there is much left to ask about X-COM after all this time, except for the what could have been, if... And that isn't really uplifting. For the SPIRIT, I mean!  :)  There isn't even any point in asking what will be with X-COM in the future, since god only knows what's going to happen with the title licence...  :)

The fact that Sid just revived a 15 year old game proves there is always hope for X-Com and that "old" titles are always making comebacks :(

I don't think there is much left to ask about X-COM after all this time, except for the what could have been, if... And that isn't really uplifting. For the SPIRIT, I mean!  :)  There isn't even any point in asking what will be with X-COM in the future, since god only knows what's going to happen with the title licence...  :)

The fact that Sid just revived a 15 year old game proves there is always hope for X-Com and that "old" titles are always making comebacks :(

That is very true indeed :(

Now, i think i'll just wait for pirates 2, and not beg for x-com until pirates 2 is out, THEN i'll start getting hopes up again :D

Space voyager, you DO know that the original pirates is about 15 years old now, right? THATS the 15 year old game that the cyke is talking about. What cyke is saying is that sid apparently is quite interesting in reviving old licenses, so the possibility of another x-com is more likely than we may think.

To be accurate, HE didnt mention X-Com as a possibility of the future, he mentioned some titles, and then one or two others were suggested to him by the interviewer, to which he also agreed would be possible games to revive. The interviewer mentioned X-Com.

thanks mage - quite correct :)

I've read it, but I couldn't even get anyone around here to play such a game... The only two boardgames we do play are Risk (and even this one has been completely forgotten after the coming of this second game) and The settlers of Catarn island. This really is an amazing game. We also bought the ships upgrade.

P.S.: But I have to say that board games are hazardous to your health. My liver is under heavy preassure every time we play! Although the kidneys don't mind. :)