Thorondor

XCOM Enemy Unknown

It's confirmed - XCOM: Enemy Unknown will have multiplayer. We've long wondered if this hugely anticipated game would have that facet built-in, and now Firaxis, by means of Lead Designer Mr. Jake Solomon has come out to say it with all the words, and with details.

Here's a snippet from the Eurogamer article where the full disclosure is made:

"It's one of those fantasies," Solomon counters. "You played the original, it was always this fantasy to play as the aliens. Now, generally, the fantasy encompasses a game where you're aliens invading earth. But that has never appealed to me - I don't know that would actually be that fun to play. So this is one way to fulfil that fantasy. You can play as the Sectoid. You can play as all these different alien creatures. I don't know that from the very beginning we knew exactly what multiplayer was going to be, but it was something I absolutely wanted."

Beyond the juicy details there are also some screenshots there too for extra evidence.

Special thanks go to Kret at our forums for being a team player and relaying this intel our way.

I dunno, I'd quite like to play as the aliens invading earth. It would have to be a smaller alien force or governed by some form of alien economics otherwise I'd be sending the battleships and Ethereals in on day 1 though... actually I now instantly understand what he means ;)

I dunno, I'd quite like to play as the aliens invading earth. It would have to be a smaller alien force or governed by some form of alien economics otherwise I'd be sending the battleships and Ethereals in on day 1 though... actually I now instantly understand what he means ;)

Look at The Two Worlds. Guess it might be something like this or maybe like UFO2000.

Thorondor fix the new please - the link doesn't work.