Port Terrain (TFTD) for Enemy Unknown

Hobbes

Hello,

With the use of Bomb Bloke's wonderful Hack tool to grab the images and some editing, I've just completed a playable version of Port terrain (which I consider the best terrain of both games) to replace the Terror Site on Enemy Unknown.

post-503-0-40985500-1339687176_thumb.pngpost-503-0-10368100-1339687158_thumb.pngpost-503-0-63850000-1339687147_thumb.png

Features:

* 4 new maps (a N/S railtrack, a W/E row of warehouses and a 20x20 new building).

* Some adaptations to existing maps/maps removed because of the next point.

* The sea elements have been removed and instead of a port facility the terrain now looks more like an industrial/railyard area.

* The terrain is very hard to destroy, unless you are using alien weaponry. :/

* Lots of flying by the aliens - and expect the AI surprising you... chrys.gif

* LOTS of explosions! Watch out for those barrels! grin.gif

To install, first make a backup copy of the /MAPS, /ROUTES and /TERRAIN subfolders on the UFO Defense folder. Afterwards simply unzip the attached file you to the main UFO folder and answer Yes to replace all the files. All new Terror Sites will now use the new terrain instead.

Port Terrain for EU Alpha 2.zip

Sounds good , one question though , was there a reason the Sea elements needed to be removed ?

Three reasons actually:

1) The game places the maps according to the instructions it has for Urban terrain, not Port. On Port you have the right side of the map to be the seacoast but on Urban it's impossible unless you use the Roads to do so. I tried putting the water there as if you had rivers but didn't like it for several reasons: it would need bridges across them (and clutter more the map) and the river would look too repetitive.

2) The sea elements (the SEA tileset that was left out) usually get really bright colours while converting to UFO graphics. Aesthetically looks better without too much blue. I'm planning also to use the free tiles to add a couple additional ones (more barrels, etc.)

Wow, I never played Terror From The deep, so this will be a great experience! I can't wait until your final release!! Hobbes you're awesome! Got anymore?!?1 Keep the EU maps coming... Drive me insane please! Someone will play with your maps and enjoy them(me). I'll even add these into my cousin's game too, lol.

Btw, I normally avoid alphas of anything, but if you'd like I can test it for you to show more support.