Keeping aliens stunned and dealing with PD grenades

talon

Computer died so having to restart again, this time playing on superhuman

:D or :argh: depending how i go

I did try to search for answers but its hard not knowing the 'exact' search string

How to keep aliens like deep one and lobsterman stunned (since they have a built in attack) on long missions when i don't have stun bombs only stun sticks

How to deal with armed PD grenades for example outside uso sub door , i'm using the patched version so the save quit method does not work and i don't have flying armour its the start of the game

Once an alien is stunned, you can't really "keep" it that way, short of ending the mission before it wakes up. In the case of Deep Ones, if you want them badly enough it may be worth just hauling them to the dropship then aborting the mission. Lobstermen aren't nearly so valuable, at least, not until the late game (by which time you should have decent stun tech)... you can incinerate the corpse with an explosive if you like, or just throw it away from the action so that it has to waste TUs walking to your soldiers if it wakes.

I guess particle disturbance grenades can also be dealt with by extra application of explosives. Dunno how sensitive they are. Remember that aliens tend to come looking for you after turn 21, so if you think they're hiding in their USO and the battle hasn't been going that long yet, click through a few more turns and see if one pokes its head out for you.

I guess particle disturbance grenades can also be dealt with by extra application of explosives.

This is what I used. If I wanted to keep the alien alive, I only dropped a particle disturbance grenade by the unconscious enemy and left. Hopefully the proximity grenade would do just enough damage to throw it back into unconsciousness. If it kills, shit happens. If nothing else, you see the bang and are alerted about the danger.

Silencer to answer your question no aliens wake up on THEIR turn in the first two games

This means they wake up and start attacking you

I surpose i could shot them with weak weapons then stun them, since they have less health that might keep them under longer.

it would loose me points but on the first gill man terror site, stunning 1 deep one and grabbing one deep one corpse might be the way to go

i was just thinking if i can find a spot on the map were a unit cannot move and throw the stunned unit there, it might serve as a 'cell' until i stun them at the end of the battle after shooting a path to reach them . Hard to do but possible

hopefully i'll have stun bombs by the time i meet lobsters but since i'm on superhuman they might show up early

still using the PD grenade on them might work well since they resist the damage

With PD grenade trouble is in TFTD all grenades have high armour , i could try the upgraded high explosive 200 damage see if thats kills it

In TFTD the aliens do not charge out of the USO on turn 21

You could throw it in the back of the Triton and make use of the doors for safety. Have an aquanaut wait outside with a thermal tazer. Each turn, open the door and have a peek inside.

If you've got the luxury and time, you might want to soften up the Deep One with a few dart gun rounds before zapping it with the tazer. Heck, you might even stun it with the dart gun if you're careful. In which case I highly recommend reviving it with medikit stimulants and then zapping it proper with a thermal tazer. That should knock it out for quite some time.

- NKF

"recommend reviving it with medikit stimulants and then zapping it proper with a thermal tazer. That should knock it out for quite some time. "

oh that sounds like evil overlord fun , wake the alien scum up so you can stun it again

Silencer to answer your question no aliens wake up on THEIR turn in the first two games

This means they wake up and start attacking you

another tactic i could use is to put the body in the triton and then guard it with a tank to block its escape since the upgraded version armour is so thick deep ones can not hurt it, not sure about lobsters melee attack .

I would have to make sure it used up its time units as not to reaction fire,

• 2 weeks later...

One solution is play the PSX version in whcih aliens and soldiers restore stun damage only when somebody is standing above them.

Another solution is take the stunned body in a corner and move a tank (or soldiers) above it. It can not be waken up because the walls and the tank is in the way.