New Site

Pete

I've sorted the issue with animated GIF's as avatars so they can now be used once again.

Unfortunately due to some weirdness in the upgrade process, you may have noticed that many avatars have gone missing or been replaced with your profile photos by mistake. I can't get these back, but you're free to re-upload them if you haven't already.

What do you mean? You'll have to explain exactly what's occuring as it's working fine for me (not that that helps wink.png).

Also, what browser and browser version are you using?

Sorry, been distracted the last few days! I've been having trouble getting the reply box(at the bottom of the thread V? Used to be where you'd use the Quick Reply instead of going into the post editor?) to actually publish my post. I'll type whatever, and then hit the Post button. It'll show that little green box with the flashing white boxes, but never actually POST. D:

Also: Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Case in point: Try number two to post this. Seems to hang on the "saving post" part.

Maybe. Possibly not.

The developers of the forum software made an arbitrary decision to remove it as "nobody used it", meaning the majority of sites didn't but we're one of the ones that did.

I think the data is still in the database for past topics so we might be able to display them again, but I suspect the intention is to use the tagging system instead.

What I might do for the old news posts at least is write some code to generate a tag for them since the descriptions were almost always the game name.

I don't know whether to bother adding the descriptions back in as there's a good chance they might just drop the fields from the database completely in a new version.

I can see the point of descriptions wing removed even if I don't agree with it though - topic titles should be fairly descriptive and tags, if used correctly, allow you to find other content with the same tag - ideal for news articles etc where we want some creative licence with the titles but still want to tag the article with the game name too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes. I've wanted to post some pics in the same topic where I had done so before the change and the new version of the UFOextender. These were places I did add files before the switch. All I have is a tab for "my media" but that only allows me to browse the pics I have already posted.

Just today, I wanted to post a new version of TFTDextender.

update: I eventually learned that the option to attach files is available under "Use Full Editor".

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to get an "mark topic unread" option? I'm browsing from a comp - or phone - with limited capabilities and I see a lot of stuff I'd to view again. but knowing my memory... Anyway, is that possible?

I guess a "mark post unread" option would work even better as it would most likely mark the thread as well.

Is it possible to get an "mark topic unread" option? I'm browsing from a comp - or phone - with limited capabilities and I see a lot of stuff I'd to view again. but knowing my memory... Anyway, is that possible?

Hmm, don't think that's possible without a ton of work and custom css scripts. So just a question: can't you bookmark the threads you might want to visit again? tongue.png

- Zombie

I can do that, absolutely. :) Now that I'm away from home, I may just send meself an email. Why do I get ideas AFTER beging shown the obvious?! I blame holydays and my brain being detached in a good way.

Being lazy I was looking for a checkbox'n'click solution. Sorry and thanks!

It wouldn't be custom CSS, but lots of core PHP changes or an addon module. Funnily enough someone on another forum I maintain has asked for the exact same feature so I'm off to see if someone else has already programmed this for me ;)

Speaking of CSS - there is a problem with drop down menu on your PM's and Notifications (those icons in upper right corner) on Chrome.

The drop down doesn't have any background color. Maybe doesn't have is not the right word. It copies the background color from anything that is behind it - like a mirror effect sort of.