A nice Frozen Synapse game

Space Voyager

I wouldn't call it nice - since when you can shoot a grenade through window and it will land just outside of it ?

In last 2 games SV had better starting position not to mention on the last game my MG was placed in such a way that there was no way to escape his SG.

Take it like a man, I did when SV thrashed me mercilessly. I didn't even get a single kill.

What's everyone's favourite battle set up, numbers, units, dark or light, game mode etc? I've tried going with dark and one of each unit and I usually skin the AI, so I'm looking for something else. I've noticed the default battle starts you off with one less unit than the AI.

In last 2 games SV had better starting position not to mention on the last game my MG was placed in such a way that there was no way to escape his SG.

Actually there was a pretty easy way out, if you only ran with your nearest SG towards your MG while he was running to safety of "your" complex. Stopping in the middle of the field would be pretty safe when paired with others and if I tried to catch your MG I'd loose a shotgun. This is also why your MG survived the first turn. When I saw there was no help coming to him, I definitely went to get him. You have written him off, that is why you lost him.

If you check the vid you'll see I haven't even tried killing him at first.

EDIT: As far as grenade goes, I only fired it as the game let me. I have no special powers...

EDIT2: Damn, now that I review it, I could have ducked with my grenadier, moved him below the window and covered him with a SG in time. :remembers:

Actually I was talking about current game. And the one you are talking I assumed you will go on the first turn since I wouldn't be able to escape.

I know the game allowed you, but I thought it would be impossible to shoot that near. Note to self SV doesn't think like me.

Actually I was talking about current game.

Ah, that. Yes, that was a bummer. For you. ;)

I know the game allowed you, but I thought it would be impossible to shoot that near. Note to self SV doesn't think like me.

I believe all low obstacles simply decrease speed of the grenade. This is how a grenade can get stuck on a low platform even though it had enough speed to go past it. Sort of like they were coated with glue... What happened with this grenade was IMO the case of window slowing the speed and I was able to shoot a very short distance.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the 3 current games I was playing with SV. In this one I totally dominated him in second I failed hard but managed to get a kill - SV surely will upload it to gloat about it :P and the third one is close one so it's anyone's game though I think I felt cheated in 1 situation there.

Got my arse handed to me on a platter there! I hoped to save that SG in the beginning but failed, what can you do. Great game, Silencer!

I will not upload that last game, it wasn't all that glorious, he he he. I'm saving my uploading for the big ones! ;)

If you replay the battle you'll see he was not camping, he was rushing toward your grenadier but hid for the end of the turn - to minimize the possibility to be caught in the random blast. It didn't end up well after the grenade came knocking.

• 3 weeks later...
I was toying with the idea to send my RL to the corner toward your SG as I was almost certain you would send it away to avoid the blast but I didn't find the guts... DAMN. Even though I was almost certain what would happen, I failed to see that my SG can get killed. DAMN. Anyway, you read me like a book. DAMN.

• 5 months later...

Presentation of the new game mode, "upload".

Basically you need to terminate the enemy hacker. This means getting the MGs safely to the firing position while using the riot shields to shield your own hacker and MGs. If you lose the MGs, the game is basically lost, you can try to stall though.