Firaxis remaking XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Kernel

WHY?! The time would be better spent on a new feature! Speaking from a low-end comp point of view, naturally. grin.gif

There's a monitor at work that's 27" and has a resolution of something silly like 2440x1200 pixels that I want to borrow now for this game grin.gif

And the bit I really love about the specs? I'll definitely be able to play it easily on a Windows tablet, provided I get one with enough disk space (well, SSD space or SD card space, depending on the model of tablet). Then I can play it in bed, on the toilet, in my car on the way to work... I may need a driver!

PC Gamer has a couple of articles up - one about the PC/Console UI/experience and another about a special bunch of characters you're bound to encounter when you fire up the new XCOM.

Quote:

(...) we're not going to reveal who they are yet. Somebody will find them probably in the first day!

::

I guess game designers can stop alien invasions if they can make them. tongue.png

And along those lines, very similar, I also did the name generator for soldiers, and the country generator. So I wanted names that were not stereotypical, but people would look at it and think ‘ah, that’s a Scottish soldier – Aidan Southerland, that makes sense.’ All these very recognisable national names. We have 20 countries or something like that, so I did all this research to look into like the most popular Korean names. Or if you’re a South African soldier, most of the time you’re going to be of African ethnicity and African-based names, but a very a small percentage of the time you’re going to be a Caucasian soldier with a Dutch name, sometimes a Caucasian with an English name, even rarer.

Oh man, the DETAILS! https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/xtreme.gif

So the guy who composes the music for most of the game is Mike McCann, the guy who composed for Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Ahh, the more I love my Special Edition ;)

So, yeah, the Guile hair. That is definitely the silliest, and it looks pretty silly on the guys but man, you should see it on the girl soldiers

Oh man... that surely will look silly.

If there was one thing from the original I know some fans of the game will miss, it’s alien base invasion. Which, because of some of the changes we had to make during the strategy layer, it just didn’t fit. We had a prototype of it and it didn’t fit, it wasn’t fun, but the concept of it was very hard for us to let go. It was very important to a lot of the fans of the original.”

That is serious boo hoo :( maybe they will add it later?