Random junk found online

Azrael Strife

You know who are the only people that think the world owes them a round of applause? Fifteen-year-old girls and billionaire directors who own submarines. I rest my case.

True that. Mark Kermode slated the film in a conversation in conversation with some studio big-wig and she pointed out "You know your problem? You're not a teenage girl."

Every film has its target audience, and this one was for teenage girls and people who think that you can have a nice long chat when you're in freezing water whereas Jack wouldn't have been able to utter more than a couple of words before slipping beneath the surface (and I would have cheered).

The whole Titanic story has been done so much better elsewhere.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but my brother and I both came out of the film and when I asked him what it reminded him of he said what I was thinking: Fern Gulley: The Last Rainforest.

It is a slightly derivative film, yes, and aside from stunning visuals from beginning to end it's really not as good as the hype.

Robin Williams would win. Batty was awesome.

Side by side, both films go like this: "Bad guys and one good-bad guy want to chop down trees for one reason or another. Who's this guy? Oh, he's a slightly dumb lead character who then gets transformed (shrunk in FG, using an avatar in Avatar) and then he's sort of like one of the good guys but not quite and messes up along the way. *Time passes* Now he is one of the good guys. Yay! He defeated the tree-haters!". The end.

The biggest difference is that the evil spirit in Fern Gully is switched with a good tree-spirit in Avatar. Oh, and guns instead of industrial equipment of course. Plus I doubt FG had a budget you could buy small countries with.

Mr Cameron loves the environment - I get that. It's worth saving. So why make the coolest bit in the film the bit where the tree gets blown up? I was supposed to be sad, but instead I was thinking "very impressive CGI - flames are hard to do".

I had a similar thought about the flames in the first Matrix film (the scene in which the lift gets blown up I think?) but then later learned that that was real flame and a CGI door.

The good thing about The Matrix is that it is a good film for more than just the ground-breaking special effects and the bullet-time (which I'm sure you're about to tell me had already been done in foreign cinema - I know you).

So how do you like my

Untitled-1.png xyl.png

you

quij.png

?

I looked up quijote and it's not in the dictionary, so I made it an insult instead tongue.png

Don Quijote is the protagonist of probably the greatest spanish literary piece ever produced, it's also used as an adjetive for someone pursuing impossible goals but never giving up.

Don Quijote de la Mancha was written by Cervantes.

Tried to read it multiple times, at some point I'm bound to finish the first book! smile.png