UFO/EU Multiplayer AAR Discussion

NKF

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think 1 waypoint would be best.. i mean if we get 2 its easy to do simple up and downs while still well out of range, we dont wanna make it too easy :). (on my games i usually only allow a HWP with them, and only allow it to fire 1 shot to breach sub walls - cutting out the direct assault)

@BB that was a tough mission mate.. those mutons can certantly take some punishment (like the lobbies of tftd)

Also sorry for the tftd references (ill try to iron them out a bit :))

Power armour would definatly be good atthis point im thinking, and maybe get m.c stuff done sowe can check our troops over before the ethereals turn them on us ^^ (although im in the club for 0 psi usage on our end - barring Psi Reader)

Maybe we could have one or 2 psi-amps for messing with aliens and trying to panic them and such but only when a LOS exists and NO control. If only they'd play by the same rules :)

Silencer what do you mean 1 waypoint would be worse than the rocket launcher? It's a far more powerful weapons and we're saying you can only fire it in straight lines, I don't understand how that's so bad :o

And BB, unlucky man, especially after Lysear made it look so easy! Lucky they naded themselves at the end or we'd have been flying home an empty ranger I think :)

But far less powerful, and I've never seen a blaster launcher bounce off anything! I've seen them miss rather frustratingly but the best way to use a blaster launcher is to aim it at something solid like a wall behind the enemy or to hit the floor in front of it for example. Rocket launchers are to blaster launcher what pistols are to tanks...

The blaster launchers are supposedly more accurate when fired by aliens - I'm sure I remember reading exact stats on this, but can't seem to find them now. Players tend to be better at setting waypoints to avoid "mistakes", though - for eg, I'll always set additional waypoints once I reach the target, in order to have the bomb go back for another pass if it somehow misses.

One minor issue is that it goes towards the waypoint, not the target in the waypoint. This is why it'll sail clean over the top of a tank or kneeling unit. This isn't a problem when aiming at aliens, though: none of them are quite that short.

Very well done! Superhuman chryssalids tend to be much more resilient to the cannons, but that didn't seem too big a deterrent.

Back to me then. I might start the commander research, but we'll leave it alone until we're ready for the Cydonia research.

- NKF

Indeed, feel free to start it, don't want to lose it after getting him in the first place was such a complete fluke :)

As for the 'Lids I'd actually forgotten about terror units being present until I was already playing the level! Can't believe a firing line of 4 men with full TUs didn't even shoot at that last one a single time though. My money was on reaction fire turning it away as is so often the case, didn't work here though :)

Indeed, that was exceptional work! :)

Is it safe to even start the commander research at this point? I know it'll certainly go to waste if we don't get "The Martian Solution" done before completing the commander, but am unsure as to when the project can be initiated...

In any case, corpse sales are safe enough - we can't sell live aliens.

Ouch. I'll post my mission in a moment, but I'm glad we got some good missions tucked away, as I just got my head handed to me on a platter by a bunch of Mutons.

To add further salt to the wound, it was a shot-down Medium Scout and yet they literally mounted a siege on the Skyranger. By the time half the squad was gunned down in the first 3 - 4 turns, I almost felt like pretending it never happened, but ended up going with it and aborted.

I lost my avatar but Munty and Brett (the hero from the last battle) managed to survive.

- NKF

Tough luck NKF. Didn't you have smokes to secure LZ for few turns ?

Had some, but what with how things turned out, none of the soldiers with the smoke grenades had the time to get any out the door.

- NKF