UFO/EU Multiplayer AAR Discussion

NKF

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If no one minds, I would like to throw in my two cents. Cyber-disks are more susceptible to fire than to anything else. (It is the only way to get one alive to research a live one.) So perhaps some incendiary ammo, if not even a rocket launcher, and proper ammo may help? Just throwing this out to you all. Maybe give something to think about.

As for those sneaky little black things, Chryssalids, your best defense is the flying suit, however, baring that, really great reactions, and lot and lots of ammo with your people along a wall that can't be broken through. And a whole lot of luck.

All done on my end :) nice easy mission but some bad news on the funding part :)

Also there are 20 engineers due to arrive at fort cannon, could the next commander put them to work :) (dunno what we need most though, armour or laser weaps again?)

For the sectopods later would alien grenades and laser pistols not work if used in large numbers ><

Anything works if used in large numbers, question is whether or not the troops will live long enough to use enough of them lol

Good mission btw dude, unlucky that the one snakeman got 2 kills without even attempted reaction fire but we can replace em :) Got to quote the following from a commander who's been spending too much time playing TFTD I think;

tank locates the sub to the SE of the ranger

:)

Sorry to keep you all waiting.

Wait.

I thought someone did some poking around last year that forced some major philosophical revisions, vis a vis LOS rules.

Something about not being able to see all the guys just for seeing one of them.

Of course, my memory could be off.

Looks like it's my memory that's off: I was the one who did the tests, and you're quite right! :)Thread's here for anyone who wants to take a browse through. Looks like I also tested the "Does mind control reset the counter?" thing, and apparently it does.

Nice mission BB and welcome to the tankbusters (UFO membership) !

Seems that a few nice UFO missions should start our rating on the way back up again now and with the bases back in operation we can still pull this out of the bag! What do we do about the alien base though? We need to decide whether we send cannons soon or wait till we can atend with pistols and nades. Either way it has to go and we need a commander anyway so may as well get the small launcher researched first.

Stun rods are okay in any setup. I think someone (possibly me) had started research on the Mind Probe, which I was going to use to help identify victims for abduction. So much for that after we lost the original HQ! Don't know if we'll get any more of those.

Here's a thought: Fireworks, if we ever invest any money into upgrading that into a third assault base, is going to be basic Rocket Launchers. Yes, overkill fun and (by their very nature) a limited ammo challenge. Maybe we can throw Small Launchers in there as well? They'd be great against the Sectopods.

I had said earlier I wanted something bigger to attack, that's still valid. Or at least a little bigger, like a Large Scout. But I'll have to agree that this short burst of medium scouts is just what we need at this stage!

- NKF

Agreed, well played Silencer! Although you know that was Russia right, not Eastern Europe lol

Were you in a rush to get that mission posted as I thought it wasn't as easy to read as your usual instalments. Everything was very quick and jumbled and I didn't really know what was going on. Just saying is all, nice mission though :)

I am? oops :) sorry will get it done today :) Be my first game on my newly treed up laptop lol. I'm waiting to see what effect the fan has on my flock but it's fairly crap so should be ok lmao

Will have a post up by this avo at the latest!

Done and done! And not even lunchtime :) We need to discuss base layouts as there's a lot for the next player to be doing on that front.

I'm up next, so I'll get my turn in tomorrow. I did have a quick scan of the save to see how the bases are going.

Orchard could use a few extra facilities to flesh it out a bit. Definitely needs a second hangar. Think I'll place it on the right.

Fort Cannon appears to be in good condition until we can get some advanced facilities to toss in.

Fireworks was always going to be a small assault base, so it's practically near completion. Like all the assault bases, mainly missing a hyperwave decoder, psi lab and mind shield.

Do we need containment units in Orchard or Fireworks?

A few budget small-radar listening outposts might be handy at the moment to fill in the gaps until we can get the HWD's.

- NKF

My only thought on alien containments is that we will only need them in bases with skyrangers and currently that's just one :) As for the hangar, I think there's already one building isn't there? So only way to place another would be to lose the choke point. It's quite possible I'm thinking of the wrong base though so meh :)