XCOM - IGN visits 2K

Space Voyager

I was able to hear everything. It's kind of nice to hear their motivations for going in a new direction. However, this means that they have set their bar very, because if it's not really good, there's no point in throwing out the old stuff.

Guess it got fixed. Working here too. (~29mb video file, as a point of reference, though I tried to watch it on their site instead of the embedded box).

Doesn't reveal much new stuff (pretty much everything they say has been seen in print already - for example, they rabbit on about making sure you get attached to your units without providing any info on how they intend to do it), but it's got some new footage of that floating beam-of-death ring thingy floating around, morphing, and frying stuff.

When they talk about how flammable the blobs are, makes me wonder whether a flame thrower will turn up in the game. Seems to me such a weapon would be much more effective - and cheaper - then constructing single-use "blobatovs" to set them alight.

Yes, the vid was fixed, great. And I got even more thrilled!!! I love it, I'm even starting to love the whole new aliens direction. I'd rather research something completely new than the old techs once again. Come on, I've researched those like a gazillion times.

for example, they rabbit on about making sure you get attached to your units without providing any info on how they intend to do it),

TRUE, most true. I want more info!