- 19-branched tech-tree.
- great number of new weapons (including 3-barrelled versions of large weapons, heavy beams and torpedo launchers for projector mounts, 4 new siege weapons such as plasma annihilator and stellar converter, new missile-like torpedoes and many other).
- new human ship models (all human models, exept stations, were replaced).
- gunships as police cutters (small one-section ships with good speed and mobility).
- new sections (CR fixed mount comsections that use spinal mounts as main weapons, DE repair and salvage ships for earlier tech salvaging, DOOMSTAR - huge DN based ships acting as flagships and siege weapon platforms).
- CR beam platforms (CR based platforms with heavy weapons mounted on a huge turret. These weapons could be either heavy beams, projectors or 3-barrelled versions of normal large weapons).
- CR drone platforms (pre-ANY versions that use unique models. There are no DN drone sats in ACM).
- DN siege platforms (DN based enormous satellites that have a single siege weapon mount to deal with enemy DNs and DOOMSTARS).
- three types of drones instead of two.
- replaced swarmer weapons and explosions.
- totally new explosion, engine and missile/torpedo trail effects.
- reworked planetary assaults: planets now do not launch missiles, all weapons have reduced damage to planets (~1000 times lower), armor sections now can carry a variety of bombs, dropships are introduced to allow capturing of enemy colonies.
- improved shielding technology. Shields are now more efficient, but they cost several times more research to develop (http://www.mos-rsi.r...d/deshield4.jpg
- new graphics, sounds and texts.