ACM (UFO Aftershock)

Okim

Jus purchased the game, noticed it was already patched to 1.2 and then read up on the aa issue you were talking about here https://forum.fish-fillets.com/lofiversion/....php/t9557.html - Did you come to a conclusion with that? What I took from it was that you should install the game, then the 1.3 patch, not touch the ingame graphics settings, then use your ati driver settings to force the x8 aa?

Im also glad to see your back to modding, been racking my brain over what to play these past couple of months and it seems this is the perfect time to return to acm aftershock.

Heres a random question, would it be possible to swap the wargot mech with a new model, then make that researchable/purchasable by the player? Exosuits are infact currently being researched by various contractors for the us military and japanese healthcare. if at all possible, I could easily supply you with the models/textures for these new mechs/exo suits.

Another question, how will I know if the mods installed correctly? I dumped both the files in my localize folder, started up the game and as of yet see no indication that the mod is working. I remember (could be wrong) that the graphic around the buttons in the main menu had been changed when i installed this last year. I also remember the first mission having a ton of enemies, yet this time round was only a handful like there was in the vanilla.

Another question, how will I know if the mods installed correctly? I dumped both the files in my localize folder, started up the game and as of yet see no indication that the mod is working. I remember (could be wrong) that the graphic around the buttons in the main menu had been changed when i installed this last year. I also remember the first mission having a ton of enemies, yet this time round was only a handful like there was in the vanilla.

Not both files, just localizationpack! ACMOD should be put into root folder, i.e. where ufo.exe is.

I`m releasing a 1.8 version of the ACM mod. It includes lots of stuff that can be found in ACM readme.

There aren`t all glossary pictures for new weapons available yet.

Wargots and Cultists were buffed a bit and may be difficult to deal with. I reccomend playing on average difficulty!

I`m releasing a 1.8 version of the ACM mod. It includes lots of stuff that can be found in ACM readme.

There aren`t all glossary pictures for new weapons available yet.

Wargots and Cultists were buffed a bit and may be difficult to deal with. I reccomend playing on average difficulty!

OMG i just noticed i was using an *OLDER* version of acm, 1.3 i belive lol

Awesome work okim, as always !

Offtopic, are you still working on ACM for sots ?

• 2 weeks later...
Any comments on the latest update?

Awesome work for sure. Thank you as always.

I like all the major changes, especially the weapons' renaming and salvaging. The new weapons are great too. My favorate ones are the saw-off shotgun and modified wargot weapons.

But there is one thing bothers me that some advanced firearms are too hard to salvage. I've fought the cultists and local people for more than 30 battles after the wargots' arrival and salvaged like 50 P90s, 10 USASs, 5 L96s and 1 or 2 sets of most other advanced firearms, but still failed to get any SCARs, PKP, cyborg AGL, cultist accelerator cannon and modified wargot rocket launcher.

Some other problems and suggestions:

1. The 7.62 NATO ammo is 7.62*51mm in the real world, not 7.62*54.

2. The introduction of R700 sniper rifle says it has a "2-shot burst", although it doesn't.

3. It seems to me that the 7.62mm chaingun completely overshines the 5.56mm one: more damage (350*15 vs 250*20), better range (34.9 vs 27.6) and shorter burst which means less affected by recoil power.

4. Since most other cyborg heavy weapons can be improved by accessories now, the gatling laser seems to be much underpowered. Plus, it's the only laser weapon that can't add on beam generators, which makes it even less powerful than a human laser cannon with focuser or extender. This is unfair IMHO.

5. The calico SMG can't be improved by any accessories, which makes it less useful than other rifles like M4 or AKM. I understand that due to it's unique structure, it would be unrealistic to add on scopes and under-barrel accessories. But how about muzzle accessories?

Lastly, is there any good way to get enough ammo for VSS and G11? I've only 30 to 50 bullets of them left, not enough for even one more battle.

Hey Okim,

I tried ACM for the first time about a week ago, and I must say: great work. I'm not very far along in the game so far, the wargot haven't even arrived yet, so I'm looking forward to what is to come :P.

I noticed some very minor text and image mistakes. Calling them bugs would suggest that they are bugging me, but they are not really - just wanted to add them for completeness. Please forgive me if those were already reported, I only browsed through this thread, so disregard them if they were already mentioned and ignored, thank you :).

40 mm Flas Bang: I think there is an "h" missing in the name of that Ammotype, it is missing in the Glossary as well as the Squad screens, so I suppose it's the same text source.

All following things concern the glossary only:

5.56 Assault and Combat Rifle use the same Image

7.62x39 Assault / Compact Rifle use the same Image (AK47 I suppose), as well as the 9mm Hicap Rifle

Light Shotgun and Sawn-Off shotgun use the same Image (Light Shotgun)

.44 Ammo and all .45 Ammos have a 7.62 Ammo Box Image

And I think 9mm AP Ammo uses the same Image as standard 9mm ammo, but thats merely from memory

Thank you for this great addition to Aftershock, it enhances the experience a lot!

Ah, and just one last question: The variety of maps appears to be somewhat limited so far, but I didn't find any Mods adding new Maps, so I suppose that is one part of the game that's *really* hard to enhance, right?

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

The advanced rifles, mgs and sniper rifles should be very rare. It is a bonus weapon to your squad, not its main :P I`ll consider adding extra ammo for soldiers with non-producable VSS and G11.

About calico. Well, that`s why i needed feedback. I`ll add muzzle attachments and perhaps a slot for tactical laser sight. Calico is a nice weapon and should be usable a little bit longer.

I`ll add gatling laser focuser and extender in future updates.

It is strange that 7.62 Chaingun has a better range than 5.56, it should not. Thanks.

Thanks for pointing out text mistakes - will fix them. As i stated about the glossary images - i haven`t finished them all yet :)

Okim just a question here: did you add some new maps and missions and\or you're going to do something like that?

Something I hate of UFOAS is the lack of maps: they're few :\

Nope, never bothered with the maps and actually not going to. If someone finds out a way to do that than i might try to :P

Awesome mod ACM. I am just checking in after a 8 month hiatus. My son and I are still engrossed in a game using version 1.4 and are far too into it to restart (at least for now). I assume with all the changes that 1.8 is not compat. with 1.4 save games but thought I would check.

Also, for those playing on widescreen monitors are you just switching your desktop to 1024x768 (as I am doing now), or is there some way to force hi-res that I missed. I dont recall having this issue last year playing with my old 1600x1200 monitor.

Thanks for your kind words :P

1.4 saves are indeed incomatible with 1.8 update. You should start a new game.

I use windowed mode for ufo in order to be able to play with the best picture. There is a thread somewhere here that explains how to achive this.