UFO Aftermath General Release

Pete

UFO Aftermath has now been released in a lot of countries worldwide to cheers all round and very favourable reviews. Unfortunately, its not released in the UK until tomorrow, but I can wait without going completely insane for one more day.

If you want to check out all the latest news and hype about this new tactical squad-based strategy game, then head on over to our sister site at UFOAftermath.co.uk.

If you fancy ordering the game whilst you're there, please click one of the two shop links below the pre-order graphic, as we get back a small amount of every sale to puttoward server costs. Besides, teh two shops we linked to - Amazon.co.uk and Chips&Bits, both have the lowest prices for the UK and the US respectively and Amazon will ship ANYWHERE in the EU :)

Anyway... Get all excited if you fancy playing a game that's not X-COM (for a little while at least - I know how addictive X-COM is :)).

The UFO Aftermath forum is fixed... so why is this one still white?

:)

Anyway. If you're in the US and you want to get UFO Aftermath, I suggest you preorder from Gamestop. They have a deal where you get a t-shirt with it. Now if only we could get X-Com t-shirts...

I'm loving it! :) There is one things you should know though. It may look similar to X-Com, but it plays very different. So if you buy it expecting a sequel to the X-Com games, you may get disappointed. But if you buy it as a squad-based tactical game you'd like to try, I am sure you'll like it. Take a look at the poll at our site: https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk

As you can see there are over 100 votes from registered users, and most of them are fairly positive, don't you think? :)

The skin for the Aftermath forums is not complete. Invision Power Services are about to release version 1.3 of this forum software that adds a few tweaks and upgrades. I thought it would be wise to wait for that version rather than create a skin adn be forced to recreate it again for another version in a few days time :)

After 1.3, the skin upgrading will become infinitely easier as the admin panel will tell you which parts of the skin have changed. (yay!).

As for Aftermath, I'm on the last mission and getting my arse kicked. This is on easy setting too! The game is VERY dificult towards the end, but if you're willing to change your tactics and weapons load-out every so often, then you should get by with the minimum of game reloading :)

And no, this is not a game where you can get by without reloading. Someone please feel free to try it and tell me otherwise tho :(

Anywho, all forum skins will be up to date soon. I should be working on them again this weekend :(

Yeah but tell me... What is it like on a linearity scale?

I like games that are wide open and realistic. What I saw in the interview was something that looked awfully fixed and was hinted as to being mission based.

It may be harder... But is there as much freedom as X-COM? That was my main love for the series alone.

Totally off the mark here, but i'm new to these forums and there is one thing that is really annoying me. I can't get either of the 2 original x-com's to display properly on my machine, i tend to get a scrambled display, and I think it might be somethiing to do wih win XP. Does anyone know of any pathes available to stop this, has any one else had the same problem?

• 5 years later...