7.62 Out in a Month

baby arm

7.62, the long awaited sequel to squad-based tactical game Brigade E5, is due out on November 7th according to a coming soon list on Gamers Gate. The title has been out in Russia for some time (and already has an expansion), but the English release has dragged on and on. As a Brigade E5 fan, it's great to hear the wait is just about over.

143.jpg 145.jpg 147.jpg

Yep, that scope view tickles my special places, too. Has there been any game that's had that before? Obviously, FPS games have been using the scope zoom for ages, but what about 3rd person/isometric titles using that picture-in-a-picture scope view?

It looks great, but I'm holding back from getting over excited due to my disappointment with Brigade E5.

I'm afraid I personally found the controls and interface just too cumbersome and over complicated with the previous game. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't pick it up and instantly get to grips with it in the same user friendly way I could with games like Silent Storm, the UFO's, X-Com or Jagged Alliance. I do hope they've made some improvements in that department otherwise I'll have to give it a miss.

Im playing the game for some time now and i have to say that it is awesome!

Ive ordered it from the ukraine and at the strategy first forums they started and almost finished a fan made translation of the russian version.

It looks two times better than Brigade E5, the whole environment looks great... but dont expect a landscape like in Crysis :laugh:

There arent any kind of borders at the random "maps" like in E5 where you have a squared cut throu the ground, there is just a thin yellow line. Behind that line there are still trees and grass and hills and so on.

just great! ;)

• 3 months later...