Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization arriving in 2008!

Slaughter

2K Games and Firaxis announced today that they're bringing the 1994 classic Colonization back to PC.

s_thumb1280x1280_2564913077_c887492691_o.jpg s_thumb1280x1280_2565734922_2b6245cd5e_o.jpg s_thumb1280x1280_2565736046_2dbc48bfd8_o.jpg

New York, NY – June 9, 2008 – 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization™, the next offering in the award-winning Civilization IV

Ha, I knew Slaughter would be all over this, although I expected the newspost to have more exclamation points.

Was this what you hoped for from Firaxis?

Well, it's certainly good news and I'll likely be giving it a try, but I'd like to see them be a little more ambitious, maybe try their own Firaxized take on an X-Comish game (though definitely not an X-Com clone).

Ha, I knew Slaughter would be all over this, although I expected the newspost to have more exclamation points.

Well, it's certainly good news and I'll likely be giving it a try, but I'd like to see them be a little more ambitious, maybe try their own Firaxized take on an X-Comish game (though definitely not an X-Com clone).

Well, in my experience it's mostly morons using multiple exclamation marks in their writings. Same goes for nerd speech :)

As for Firaxis trying something more ambitious, I don't disagree. I'd love to see what you suggest from them. That being said, I've been waiting for a remake of Colonization for years, so hurrah! :)

• 2 weeks later...