Armageddon Empires

Skonar

Interesting little Indy game. Basically it's a turn based strategy game with some CCG type elements - units, structures, etc etera are represented by virtual cards which you can then lay down on a hex-board with a certain expenditure of resources.

It's got some quirks, but I've been enjoying it. Single-player only, mind.

https://www.crypticcomet.com/

• 1 month later...

I took Armageddon Empires' demo for a spin and was very pleasantly surprised.

The post-apoc setting shines through admirably, even with the sometimes clunky interface, and, perhaps most importantly, I found myself constantly having to make decisions. They matter, for a change, and if one happens to blunder along a turn without adequate consideration the mutants, the xenos, et al may well step in to assist in delivering you from your reverie. Somehow, I don't think they see things just as a game... :D

Indeed, you hardly expect it which makes it all the more fun to find out there's hope yet for binary wars.

The developers aren't sleeping on their laurels quite yet either and, after the patches, a free 'expansion' is expected for this very winter.

::

I've also noticed our friends over at Tacticular Cancer have recently put up a review of it so, if you're curious, as you should, check it out.