King's Bounty Interview from E3 2007

Slaughter

Mike had a chance to check out the upcoming King's Bounty from Elemental Games (developers of Space Rangers) at this year's E3. Fans of Heroes and Disciples definitively want to keep this one on their radar!

King__s_Bounty_009.jpg King__s_Bounty_025.jpg King__s_Bounty_033.jpg

SC: Do the enemies act dynamically off screen to reach their own personal goals, or do they wait for the character to arrive?

We’re developing the game world as if it’s living. This game comes from the developers of the Space Rangers and Space Rangers 2 games who have experience creating a dynamic gameworld. Quite often in computer games, the gameworld only comes alive as soon as the hero enters a certain region, but before that everything is standing still. Here, the world has a life of it’s own. The non-player controlled characters are interacting with each other, so you’re just one more character, it’s not like you’re the center of the universe in the game. It’s like you’re just participating in this whole small world.

You can read the full interview in our E3 2007 section.

I think it's safe to say this year has been one of the best in terms of Strategy Core's coverage of E3, Olav. Well done, Mike :blush:

::

In the interview I was puzzled by the comment that there were no day and night cycles. Have a look at the sun, clouds and moon at the bottom-left corner of the screenshots I link to below (not to mention the darker lighting on the one with the moon):

- Screen 1

- Screen 2

- Screen 3

What's that all about then ?

Anyway, I believe this game can really amount to something. I'll be waiting to see how it comes together in the end.

Thank's for interview and look on more screens from E3 demo on my site: Heroesworld - first King's Bounty fansite!!!

Very nice site you got there! I have to say that Fantasy Wars looks interesting too...

@Thorondor: Thanks, I think Mike did very well this year too! :blush: I'll post the Heavy Duty interview soon, and then we've got the Jagged Alliance 3 one coming after that (haven't heard anything from it myself, so sure look forwards to that!).

As for KB, I agree. It sure looks like there's a day and night cycle. Oh, and thanks for the questions!

@Slaughter:

Good to hear more good stuff is still to come down the pipe. And you're welcome (about the questions) :wub:

::

I don't know how hefty a demo is there going to be for King's Bounty The Legend but I'm thinking it would be nice to mirror it here at Strategy Core when the time comes... :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...