SS game engine copied

General_solomon

Hello everyone, I just started playing ss. Its awesome. I found this game by chance when it was mentioned in a another game forum.

I am playing the german version of Alfa antiterror. this game is developed by a russian company. I loved the the 3d aspect of the game. Plus, its squad based.

the other title is brigade e5 jagged union which is another russian game that uses the ss engine.

When i discoved this game, it was everything i wanted in a game. its squad based. its set in ww2 era and the game plays better that both metioned game combined.

I just want to thank everyone in this community for keeping the game alive.

I am new to this game so i will ask alot of questions and will apologize in advance if it becomes annoying.

its great to be here.

take care,

General_solomon

• 5 weeks later...
Hmm, I am pretty sure neither game use the Silent Storm engine. Only games I know that use it is Silent Storm, Silent Storm: Sentinels, Hammer & Sickle, Nightwatch and the upcoming Jagged Alliance 3. Well, and Heroes of Might and Magic V use a modified version.

Well, there are some others. "Steel sheet" (Or "Tin"), for instance (it's in Russian though :blush: ).

...A turn-based tactical combat title using Silent Storm engine....

Here, I translated a little bit of the introductory article:

"For Marina, everything started with her attempt to interview a murderer kept in a special guarded ward of one of the pychiatrial institutions. Who could know that his escape would cause our famous reporter to desperately fight for her survival in a hellish nightmare hidden in a seemingly safe garden community? Who could forsee that the black will turn white, that usual world will crack and shatter into pieces?...

Assume control of the main characters of the movie "Steel Sheet" - Marina, Maniac, Pavel and Terminator, and escape from the horrible zone of alienation and hostility the garden community's turned into.

In place of potatoes and cucumbers - maryhuana grows here, tiny gardening plots are now a stage for car thiefs to take the stolen cars apart and behind tall fences sectants make human sacrificies...

Oh, and another thing: strangers are not welcome here"

Looks good :wub: .

Screens

Official 1C site

Blunter

Yeah, neither uses the engine, should have made that a little clearer. :blush:

ALFA - Antiterror looks good. Grabbed the demo, gonna give it a try out.

JA3 is using the SS engine? YESSS! Can't wait for that.

Since we're on the topic of turn based games in the modern warfare genre, has anyone tried COmbat Mission Shock Force (the patched version)? Doesn't look too shabby either.

Combat Missions? No. Didn't even know it's turn-based. Should probably give the demo a spin then. Did you?

Heh. Oh yes. If you haven't played Combat Mission - Afrika Korps (it basically condenses all the previous games into one great package) I suggest you get it! Pronto! :blush: It's a great game, and highly versitle. Just don't expect squad based gameplay, it's a little more broad than that. The first 3 games - Combat Mission, CM Barbarossa To Berlin, and CMAK are all WWII theatres. CMSF finally takes the engine (CMx2) into modern-day warfare.

The CM Shock Force demo I tried, but like most of the Battlefront games, they get better over time with mods and skins and what-not. I'll wait a bit longer till they get the game figured out better.

Again though, give the CMAK a spin, it's really good. If CMSF gets as much polish as that game, woowee... I'll be in my glory hunting down the Taliban/US troops. :wub:

Oh BTW, anyone have a link to someone saying somewhere that the SS Engine is going to be used for the next Jagged Alliance game? I couldn't find anything anywhere... But I never looked beyond a cursory Google search.

www.battlefront.com

Oh BTW, anyone have a link to someone saying somewhere that the SS Engine is going to be used for the next Jagged Alliance game? I couldn't find anything anywhere... But I never looked beyond a cursory Google search.

I got a confirmation directly from Akella. If you're in doubt, why don't you check the trailer posted about here and tell me what engine you think it is :blush: (oh, and do not confuse the "new" Jagged Alliance 3 with the old Jagged Alliance 3D now called Hired Guns)

Anyway, I'll be sure to check out Combat Missions when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up!

I second the recommendation the the Combat Mission series of games. The first three, as ShatteredCiv said, are ww2 themed but shock force is set in a fictional UN/NATO v Syria conflict, which I'm happy about as I really am sick to death of ww2. Also the first three slimmed down the numbers of units on screen by having say 5 units representing 9 or something, however the new CMx2 engine renders every unit on the battlefield. This game is insane for the level of detail (ballistics/LOS/damage modeling/etc). It also has a unique method of turn-based control.

"Steel sheet" (Or "Tin"), for instance (it's in Russian though :blush: ).

Screens

I would be interested to try this one. Game's messy interface, civilian characters and environments look like they have be surprised by the forces of nature. Icons are sketches, characters strange and clothes dirty. Cool. They have even managed to add shotgun.

Hmm, I think this might be a mission based combat action game. If so, then pity. I would like to see more role playing and strategy games with SS-engine. Anyway, I'm eager to check out this game's story, characters, campaign structure and editor if it ever get translated.