Defusing mines

subdane

I have completed the entire game now, but I never figured out how to defuse the mines..... Does anybody know how?? Or is it a bug in the game???

I have a technician with minor surveyor training, and a some pliers with the mine kit in it. But when I spot the mines, my tech wont do a damn thing!! :bleh: I have tried clicking on the mine and the red icon above, but nothing happens.

Once I made him attack it with the pliers and the damn thing blew up and all the kits were used up in one "shot"

I have completed the entire game now, but I never figured out how to defuse the mines..... Does anybody know how?? Or is it a bug in the game???

I have a technician with minor surveyor training, and a some pliers with the mine kit in it. But when I spot the mines, my tech wont do a damn thing!! :bleh: I have tried clicking on the mine and the red icon above, but nothing happens.

Once I made him attack it with the pliers and the damn thing blew up and all the kits were used up in one "shot"

Sounds like a bug. Have you posted to the official forums?

@subdane:

"Does anybody know how??"

Our esteemed SC colleague, Accounting Troll, offered just such a 'how to' in a post at the official boards.

Here's a transcript:

"You have to get your mine disposal expert to walk right up to it. He then gets out his toolkit loaded with a mine deactivation cartridge. You click on the attack icon and then select the mine as the focus of the attack. I think you need a technician with minor surveyor training to dispose of an enemy mine. It still requires a bit of practice (and reloading!) to get the hang of it - my guy uses up his reloads on a deactivated mine unless I manually tell him to cancel the order. It's probably easier to take along a drone and tell it to step on the mine...

I've been using Martian drones for minesweeping because I have a lot of Martian drones with zero level ups, so they're pretty expendible."

::

Listen to AT and do the right thing: show you care - use drones. :bleh: