Okay, I am officially creeped out by this.

crispy

I landed at a crash site, and was equipping my crew when I noticed something odd among the equipment:

a dead sectoid navigator.

It's obviously a glitch or bug, but it really creeped me out that I had landed and somebody forgot to scrape the dead alien off the floor. I have no idea how it got there.

Unfortunately, although I saved, it didn't occur to me to take a screenshot of it, and when I went back, although my crew hadn't left the ship, the alien was gone. Have you ever seen this?

It's a glitch, but not a serious one. It usually occurs when you're attending to a crash site, where some of the aliens are pre-generated dead (or unconcious, as the case may be).

I think the game just fudged and selected the equipment pile node in the Skyranger as a spawn location for the corpse item. Either that, or it created the corpse in an item slot that was previously used by one of your items (in the last battle) and never changed the coordinates.

- NKF

Use to have this happen in TFTD all the time on USO recovery missions. I always figured that since it only ever happend on maps with lots of clutter (IE: A dreadnought taking up half the map and the rest of the map is the rocky sea floor bottom stuff) So I figured the computer just didn't have room to put that thing at

i think u are right veteran....mabey they did land on it when they arrived.....i had the same thing happen to me once.....a dead sectoid in the ship....i can't really explain it.....but i do know that the ship i fought before that one was definatly floater...so there was no way that they forgot to remove an alien from the ship last time.....

:D:P:D:D:ninja::P:D

You can't say it's a dead Sectoid Navigator.

If it was dead,you wouldn't know it was a navigator.

you would have seen a "Corpse".

But maybe....the Sectoid escaped from containment,and tried

to flee with your Skyranger,but had to hide in a drawer when

your men came in,and was stunned on takeoff!

(That's exactly what my signature's for).

Argh there be a stowaway among us... Actually what really happened was in an attempt to improve psionic combat in the field. X-Com commanders begain recruting freelance sectoids. Sence alien/human relations aren't as good as they are in apoc, the crew shoot the bugger on the way there.

-Psy Post- :D

Maybe he liked the rectal probing (hey, who's to say aliens don't have butts and we wouldn't probe THEM for a change?) he got when captured so much he snuck aboard the Skyranger, and then dashed off into the crashed UFO and lay down so he could be captured again?

:dontgetit:

Errr, anyone ever had a mission where on the first turn something burning inside the crashed ship explodes and takes out the one survivor? Just wondered if that ever happened...

There aren't very many 'volatile' objects in a UFO. No, it's odd, but the power units do not explode [1]. The only volatile objects I can think of would be the command tables and the alien entertainment pods, but none of these are on ground level. So it couldn't have been any of these objects.

One explanation would be that the alien had butterfingers. The surgeon general warns that accidentally dropping tubers can prove to be very hazardous to your health! :D

One other possibility would be the proximity mine bug specific to the Collectors Edition UFO and TFTD[2]. I won't go into the specifics, suffice to say that not spending any 'armed' proximity mines in one battle can lead to random[3] objects in the next battle behaving as if they are 'armed proximity mines'. [4]

I imagine the poor sap must have trod on an 'armed' alien grenade and set it off. I've seen this happen a couple of times now, so it is definitely one of the possibilities.

- NKF

[1] This only applies to UFO. TFTD's IBA's explode.

[2] Caused by the programmers cutting a few corners. These cut corners didn't quite translate well when they put everything into one big executable for the CEd.

[3] No, it's not quite random, but it almost seems that way.

[4] If you find ground objects blowing up for no reason: Exit and restart the game (make sure you save and reload your game from the Geoscape for the best results).

yeah....i've landed at a very small ufo crash site...(ur lucky if u can crash it instead of destroy it....they look cool as hell).......and the lil bastard was already dead inside i guess.....cause right when i landed....i set up my guys....which was a complete waste of time....because when i finished and set my turn...the damn thing ended saying that no aliens were killed...but one corpse recovered....died in the crash......

p.s.....u are wrong NKF....the power cells in UFO certainly explode......sometimes they are already exploded by the time u get there and have wiped out some of the area inside the ufo....ever notice the dead aliens lying dead where the cell/cells used to be?....and u can shoot them to explode them...don't do it because it takes the elerium with it....

Yes DG1, the power units do cause massive damage inside a UFO, but this happens even before the battle begins and only occurs when the map is generated.

During the battle, the power units can be safely destroyed, and if any elerium pods were plugged into the units, you can safely pick them up from the debris of the power unit afterwards.

KOTR: Using a grenade will obviously blow the power unit up with a big bang. Grenades explode, see? :D

Try shooting the power units with non-explosive weaponry. Heavy plasmas do just nicely.

- NKF