Sentinels scenario-structure kills my mod

KoMik

Heipä-hei,

I encountered a problem with the Sentinels 'Block-system' because I can't create sub-plots correctly. Example: When the current Block# is 3, then if opening (ScenarioAddVisibleZone-script) a new zone from the already completed Block# 2 and entering/completing that zone throught the chapter map the game jumps to Block# 4 (???).

My own custom scenario mod structure should go like: The main-plot will be completed via Mission Selection Screens (4zones in da Block). Other missions should be just for sub-plots (not very important missions) and those shouldn't affect to 'Block-system' at all.

My failed attempts have been:

-Left empty or added #0 -value in BlockOrder (doesn't work, crashes in Base)

-Created ScenarioZones out of Blocks (doesn't work, not in scenario)

-Gave Block's ZonesToPass-value as maximum (doesn't work, no affect)

(-Added a not passable objective to the sub-plot zone (works but ain't cool) )

So, I would appreciate a knowledge how to create missions out of Blocks. Thanks.

Btw, in the Scenario Blocks -table is a Block called "Main", it's BlockOrder# is 1 and there is no linked zone to it. What is it? Why is it there?

Thanks for interest dear fellows of Silently Storming, :(

As I mentioned above, I can and will use 'impossible to complete objectives' to do the job.

One example of a simple sub-plot goal:

i) Something useful information.

1) Find any clue.

2) Take the clue.

3) Leave.

Leave-task (3) can't be completed after gamer has found and picked up the clue. This way the scenario doesn't complete the current zone/mission. BUT clue can open the next sub-plot zone to be playable throught chapter/region map.

Here is couple new screenshots from my incoming mod... I have descriped it properly but not translated. First part is almost ready for releasing - called "(Beta-Demo-)Intro". Now I may say that it has fairly little to do with the Block-system (all zones are in the BlockOrder 1 and starts via BeginZone() commands). RPG? No. It's not 'a free world'. Intro version will be a "Get the hell out"-story and next versions will happen on a small island map. Tight.

post-3446-1136461541_thumb.jpgpost-3446-1136461592_thumb.jpgpost-3446-1136461629_thumb.jpg

If my current logo reminds you something what you have seen somewhere before, please report to me... I know it reminds "Space Invaders" and is quite "Evil-Satanic" but so it's supposed. :(!!SCHWARZT!! ;)

I hope this thread helps some one who would like to add sub-plots. Se on moro!