UFO: Afterlight announced!

Slaughter

Stefan: don't worry, we will in time. It'll be at least two years before the game is released.

*** AFTERSHOCK SPOILER ALERT ***

Kret: I've played Aftershock all the way through to the finish and it reveals a very good reason why humanity should not consider using the Biomass to terraform a planet.

Mars is probably more useful to humanity as a source of raw materials such as iron and silicon than as a potential home. Establishing mining colonies on Mars, the Moon and nearby asteroids is something that most science and science fiction writers consider to be the solution to the impending lack of mineral resources on Earth. The UFO series starts off with 99% of the human race getting wiped out in 2004, so the remaining natural resources would be enough for the survivors for many centuries to come. My guess is that the human presence on Mars is going to be limited to a few research outposts.

Maybe some aliens are going to launch a blitzkreig conquest of Earth, and it is up to the personnel of the Mars outposts and the crews of the human ships that were off-world at the time of the invasion to organise a counter attack?

Kret: I've played Aftershock all the way through to the finish and it reveals a very good reason why humanity should not consider using the Biomass to terraform a planet.

Since when humanity had common sense to abide by "good reasons"? But I agree that after the apocaliptical events of the aftermath and the events in aftershock, there should be plenty of resources on earth for the survivors

In regards of terraforming, aren't we forgetting a fearsome tool the reticulans used that essentially did so during the Aftermath? If enough archives were left in regards of the bio-mass, there could be a chance to use it as a planetwide rapid terraformer.

SPOILERS

... and risk having the Sol System invaded by Myrmecols again... You'd have to have the mind of a rabid Flatster to say that.

I actually think the story would be linked to some kind of invasion, like the Wargots wanting to re-gain their honour, lost in their failed attack on Earth (even if it was a madness-driven one) or the Starghosts doing whatever stupid things their culture may suggest. I actually liked Troll's idea of a game where you move from planet to planet and raid each one clean of -insert cool alien name here-. I smile at the prospect of having missions on Phobos(O_O), as the anti-wargot campaign was an absolutely brilliant addition to the game.

If humanity is going to be colonising Mars, then I hope that Altar allow for the fact that Mars has a much lower gravity than Earth, which means that a soldier will be able to throw a grenade further than he could on Earth. He would also be able to carry much more than he could on Earth.

Hell yeah! maybe he could even jump that 2 foot wall he currently must walk around eh? :(