Testing the new patch

Hi folks.

Well,I have just installed the patch and I have yet to test all its 'apparent' fixes.I must say though,I am initially pleased that the equipment bug seems to be fixed,and the actual process seems more efficient and cleaner too :D

I hope there is a performance fix,and I will have to test that later tonight.

And the view modes should be sorted out now too :)

I forsee some great screenshots in the coming days too *winks at the other culprits,they know who they are* :phew:

Keep us all posted with what you find out about the patch,ok?

Cheers.

Well,I can confirm also that the Dex/Agil attributes have been affected,as my Commando unit now has speed stats no better than a mule! :D

The equipment bug has been IMPROVED but there are still small remnants of it left behind,but its a whole lot better than before.

The performance of the game still seems the same,but the cam movement seems smoother somewhat.

Also,the glossary section has been cleaned up quite nicely,and doesnt show over 1000 copies of the same gun anymore.

Grenades can now be thrown anywhere *Gringo will be pleased im sure*

I actually managed to throw an incendiary grenade INTO a Greenhouse through a small fanlight window!,and it ignited all those lovely cabbages :phew:

Speaking of the patch...I played a bit with it last night and I think my cyborg's infra vision is no longer working, or it's been nerfed. I used to pick up enemies across the map, esp. Muckstars. Now he is never the first to notice enemies. It could be other variables (daylite missions, desert map etc.) that may now effect this ability. Let me know if you have the same problem. If so, is it fixed by starting a new campaign after the patch.

Acth,it MAY be that the new settings may be different for the many views ect now,im not sure.One thing I HAVE noticed now though is that explosive damage/radius relating to RPGs and LAWS has been greatly enhanced *thankfully*,and it also appears that the Wargots and their Power Armour has been degraded too,they seem easier to kill.

Take a look in the screenshots section shortly,I am going to post a new shot of the IV view mode I recently took,and you tell ME if it looks knackered.No WAY should IV look like that! :phew:

Other than that,the patch seems quite satisfactory.

Now if they could only increase the speed of the projectiles from the LAW and grenade launcher so that you can no longer out run them! They also need a "ready shot" firing mode. As it is I cant shoot fast enough to hit someone who runs past a doorway even if I'm already aiming at the door.

Well,it seems that my IV mode is buggered and so is others' too.Would it be safe to assume that the NEXT patch could address this problem?my guess is that it is card related,and to be honest Radeon cards (mine is an X800) have had a few issues with certain graphical features in some of their applications before.Other than that and my game works fine.

I am going to have a quick look and see if the latest Catalyst drivers are out,maybe this issue could have already been looked at :)

Keep me updated on this problem guys (mainly you Preda,as you have the same problem).

Well,I can confirm also that the Dex/Agil attributes have been affected,as my Commando unit now has speed stats no better than a mule! :)

The equipment bug has been IMPROVED but there are still small remnants of it left behind,but its a whole lot better than before.

The performance of the game still seems the same,but the cam movement seems smoother somewhat.

Also,the glossary section has been cleaned up quite nicely,and doesnt show over 1000 copies of the same gun anymore.

Grenades can now be thrown anywhere *Gringo will be pleased im sure*

I actually managed to throw an incendiary grenade INTO a Greenhouse through a small fanlight window!,and it ignited all those lovely cabbages :cool:

How do you throw grenades? Mine wont go at all:( I equip em and right click on target and it just puts my primary weapon back in my hand!

thanks for your help!

How do you throw grenades? Mine wont go at all:( I equip em and right click on target and it just puts my primary weapon back in my hand!

thanks for your help!

Do you let the person switch weapon? It seems that you don't allow the person the time to change weapon to the grenade before he engages the target.

To get a viable 'grenade throwing solution' :), long word there, you must have the throwing arch symbolized by a string of yellow arrows from the person to your intended target.

And yes Riley! I just do love blowing/burning/ionizing those critters!

well for me the new patch ahs changed nothing. I tried the wargot ship mission again from before I launched into it (older save) this time it didn't even get to hand when I finished the mission, it just crashed before then.

Also had the Agility/Dex problem.

I will start the game again sometime in a year or so perhaps when it is fixed.

I am also tempted to ditch my legal copy and try to get a hacked version to lose the Star force shit. That might help it.

Uhhhrrr, it seems I'm the only one with a problem with the patch. I can't seem to install it. Everytime I execute the patch, I will get Error 999!? :cool:

I've tried downloads from fileplanet and Strategy core at least twice each, all the downloads were always successful, but each time I execute the patch I get the same error. :)

Anyone can help?

Uhhhrrr, it seems I'm the only one with a problem with the patch. I can't seem to install it. Everytime I execute the patch, I will get Error 999!? :cool:

I've tried downloads from fileplanet and Strategy core at least twice each, all the downloads were always successful, but each time I execute the patch I get the same error. :)

Anyone can help?

Try this thread for the dreaded 999 patch error, Dami.

I'll tell you something. The patch has worked wonders for me. Now I can actually play the game, with everything on full, without as much as a hiccup (well, if I'm on a help friendly troops mission, and 5 enemies die at once, the physics engine does grind things to a halt while they slide down the hill).

As you may recall, I had impossibly bad low framerates and stuttering on the lowest settings, so being able to run the game as top as she goes is quite a leap. Dunno what they did; there's nothing in the fixes that would cause such a quantum leap in performance on my system. Oh well.