Video game quote game.

Gungadin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Planescape: Torment! :lovetammy:

That wouldn't be Planescape Torment, would it?

I recognize the first quote, but I can't quite remember where it's from, nor who said it.

Let's see if I do...

From the most badass game in the history of the universe, my favourite PC game:

"Endure. In enduring grow strong"

Dakkon (sp?), the Githzerai.

"Old Ward. Also known as: Wanker city"

Not sure, probably Morte.

"I AM VHAILOR"

Vhailor, the living armor (or was it an ghost in an armor?) you find thorough the planes.

"Justice awaits"

Vhailor.

"BURRRRNNN"

Ignus, the mage.

"I think, therefore I am.....I think."

Hmm... I think this was Fall-from-Grace

"Feh! Even MORE of a STENCH"

The Tiefling?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

Prob Dakkon.

"Aw, I don't believe it, quit dyin' on us, will ya?"

Morte, my fav. character EVER.

"What can change the nature of a man?"

Fall From Grace, IIRC.

As I said, it is the greatest game ever made.

HELL YEAH! damn... now I want to play it again, it's like going through a novel! amazing game!

Both Gimli and Azrale has it. Whoever posts first gets to name the next quote :lovetammy:

BTW, the "wanker city" was Anna the Tiefling, "Feh" is Fjull Forked-Tongue the Fiend and the Descartes parody is Nordom, the secret character. Make sure you find him on your next playthrough, he's not that easy to find. ;)

"What can change the nature of a man?" is the most important question in the entire game. First spoke by Ravel, you learn the true answer at the end of the game, if you chose the right dialogue options with your previous incarnations and have enough intelligence.

Fallout 2, psychotic drill sargeant.

"I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU MOOROOOON"

Good character.

Next quote:

"My homie LB, he like a clockwork ninja, real dependable. Unlike SOME of you motherf*ckers...."

Should be easy enough. Hints available upon request.

Wheeler... I think. I'm not quite sure who said it, and the guy I think said it, I'm not quite sure I remember his name... :lovetammy:

He's the green idiot with the cap and glasses who you had to kill after he drives off in a speed boat. Only I ran out of ammo, so I eventually managed to get on board his boat... His response was to jump off the back and drown (the action of all NPCs when you board their boat, for some reason). ;)

Anyway. New quote. Hmm...

I've got one stuck in my head, but no one will ever get it, if only because it's from a GameCube game.

Another easy one, then.

"Please don't. You're liable to hit me."

I know that it's Stun Grenade's turn, but I just want to see if anyone recognizes this quote. It's from the opening monologue from one of the best adventures ever made and certainly the most horribly twisted and evil game in existence. Also has the best voice acting ever.

"Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of million miles it would not equal one one billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro instant for you. Hate! HATE"

Nope, it's the opening monologue from "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream." spoken by the maniacal supercomputer AM. Best adventure game ever. The shortstory the game is based on, and the quote taken from, is here: https://www.scifi.com/scifiction/classics/c...n/ellison1.html

Now, since Stun Grenade's left the forum for now, somebody else has to provide the next quote. Anybody.

Let's see, quotes from three different characters from the same game.

"Take me towards the bad guys"

"Si amigo?"

"Peaches and cream"

Freedom Force (And FF: Versus the Third Reich.)

Spoken by:

Minuteman,

El Diablo,

And Alchemiss.

Mine: "This is not a chopper, and this definitely is not good"

It's rather obscure, but it's spoken by a character with the heart and soul of a helicopter pilot.

Ooh, ooh! Uh, Mooncraft! No, Peacecraft! Spacecraft? Woodcraft? Hovercraft! Handicraft!

Eh, just a brief interjection of silliness. :mad:

Though I wouldn't mind playing a game called Peacecraft... but it would probably never sell. Anyway back to your regularly scheduled quote guessing game.

- NKF