How Many Troops Do You Have?

Paranoid Jack

I have 12 people in my team, All fully trained snipers, 2 Drones (1 Defender and 1 Scout) The Psionics are the best Snipers you can get with an accuracy addon and a true shot vambrace they always get 100%, add an accelerator to the mix and they cause 4000/5000+ damage direct to anyones head, takes them down instantly. Put them on snap shot and the accuracy falls to 98%, great tactic is level 3 snipers attacking the legs of aliens/wargots to knock them down then send in a drone with a grenade launcher to kill them all in one glorious hit.

Always have a level 3 medic though, their reanimate ability is a life saver (literally) if something sneaks up and takes you by suprise!

Nice tactic against the Wargots bad boy.I myself dont use Snipers in my heavy infantry squad who are tasked with dealing with these behemoths.What I generally do at the moment (I dont have access to Drones yet) is,first I get my squad as scattered as possible and onto their stomachs,but not TOO far so as to negate the basics of 'squad support',I then get my 3 cyborg gunners pinning their front line down with interchanging MG AP fire,MG 1 fires rounds onto target 1,then goes onto target 2 and 3 and so on,same method for the other 2 gunners,so what you have is a constant volley of MG fire.While the Wargots are HOPEFULLY being riddled with AP rounds,I bring my anti armour element who also acts as a Grenadier up to range with his grenade launcher to finish the job.He also keeps his eyes peeled for any power armour too,and if one is present he has the dangerous job of confronting it with his LAW,hopefully reducing it to a smoldering ruin.

I am thinking of using energy weapons against the Wargots though pretty soon,even though their range is a bit crap the wargots' low resistance to energy may be more effective in the long run.

My combat medic is critical to this squad too,he is a valuable member.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 30, maybe 40.

It goes something like this.

20 humans

10 Psy

10 Cyborg

Ship just arrived a (game) day or two ago.

Lowest is level 10, highest level 18.

All have some type of training, all cyborgs and psys have level 3 of their primary set and most humans have 2 different sets.

I don't have anyone with 3 full level 3 sets, but close, best is 3/3/2.

I am playing on veteran and using the assault & xpmod, so I need this many. :cool:

Of the 40 at least half of them are in training or 'rehab' :) at any one time.

Hmm.. I've been a little aggressive in my territory gaining and I've pretty much pissed off every side I've come in contact with. I need the ammo and resources! :) Doesn't stop the Humans from asking me for help, though. So that always boosts my relations with Humans.

8 people, 4 human+4 psi

h1:leader+medic+tech

h2:scout+stalk+sniper

h3:commando+ranger+gunman

h4:commando+ranger+sniper

p1:sniper+psi+medic

p2:sniper+psi+scout

p3:sniper+psi+leader

p4:sniper+psi+commando

no rocket man as you can see. it just doesn't work...toooooooooooooooo slow to launch.

usually it goes with 2h+2p as a team. I gotta say it works perfectly till now. somehow i don't like :)--strong but easily influenced by any sort of psi.

Personally i would rather go with psi ladies as sniper/scouts and human guys provide covering fire. of course, it all depends on player's style...for me, I'm sniper type.

long range---sniper

mid range---xm8

close combat---commando/ranger guys with sk5...well, never tried katana though. maybe i'll do it 2nite.

and 2 best places for me are roof and small room. get all my fellows on the roof first, then use the shotgun gunmen to watch the stairs+ sniper/psi walking aroud to pickup enemies. the other best location is small room, and of course, shotgun again. Nobody, even coborg can survive 2 shotgun gunmen with 4 shots...

well, i gotta say this strategy is pretty cost efficient. you may use like 10-20 shotgun bullets and another 10-20 .50s to finish a battle without any serious injure---some crazy :cool: s did use rocket/garanade but still, it's much better than facing 5 or more in an open area.

I finished whole game with only 7 soldiers.

Human Submachine Scout for close combat

Human XM8 TR

Human XM8 TR

Human XM8 + warprifle (SG clouds) TR

Human Sniper

Cybor Sniper (with implants supporting skills for long range weapons real RULER OF THE MAP)

Psionic Projector Medic

All of them on the level 21 - 23.

I found drones useless.

I expected last mission more harder. I had to only run to the exit and suddnely I was watching outro. Too easy :)

I probably have 15-20. Pre-Starghost, I only had about 10 or so. When I was fighting Rets and muties, I didn't lose soldiers. I lost my first soldier in the Wargot mothership. I lost probably less than 5 to the Wargots.

When the Starghosts came, I started losing more soldiers!!!!! Hence having to hire more and more. :)

I've got about 21 right now, and its 8 days until the Wargots come :cool:

Organized like so:

Alpha & Bravo Squad:

4 Rifleman

2 Support

1 Sniper

Talon Squad

4 Operators (Rifleman/Medic)

2 Support (Technician)

Using WeaponRebalance, so my main weapon right now is the HK3 (Not the HK33) at least until I get XM-8s or something.

Also have around 4 newbs (As I call em, even though they're level 4-6) to fill in for normal squad members as they train or recuperate.

I use Alpha and Bravo for standard S&D missions, Talon handles the extractions and capture missions.

I'm not sure what to do with my remaining squad slots, though. :)

Maybe make 4th squad a training unit? Mix in some Talon guys and some new people? (It'd be cool if you could send troops to other factions to train their guys for a few days in return for faction reputation or resources...)

I'll think of something :mad: