Explosion in London Underground!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent read the whole topic...

what anoys me most is the people that are targetted...a bus for gods sake!- who rides busses? not snot nosed politions thats for sure!

:P everyones as bad as each other-what ever the reason for yesterdays bombs they were not right. and the events that prevoked the attacks were not right either. Its about time that people in this world faced up to the fact that we are one big group. we have differnet countries, and races, religions and genders, sexulaities and ages but we are all one. Each country maybe a "closed" system but the world is one big "open" system and we all have to live in it together.

Apparently there is nothing we can do or offer to stop these terrorist attacks, they will continue untill all of the world join the religion of Islam. They believe that God has sent many phrophets including Jesus and Moses to help steer us onto the right path and Muhammed was the last of these prohpets and the bearer of his ultimate message Islam. They are under the impression that the west will crumble under continued threats and attacks and anyone who doesnt convert is deserving of death and it is there divine right to adminster it.

Many Muslims believe that we should be talked round and let us make our own choice, but unfortunatly the hardcore minority wont be happy untill our countries are under the power of the ayatollah's like Iran or how the Taliban ran Afghanistan. I say no, I refuse to follow people who believe there god wants them to kill all unbelievers, who rules by fear and intimidation, if anything it smells of the work of satan if that being exists anywhere else except in our nightmares.

Im not overly religious, but I like to think there is a god, so that there is an ultimate justice and even if you commit great evil and manage to get away with it in this life you will be held accountable in the next. Unfortunatly being a logical reasoning man I struggle to believe in a higher power of any kind but I like to think it's possible.

Here endeths my sermon lol.

The Qur'an expressly forbids making war upon women and children, so I'd say the people who placed those bombs are Muslims in the same way that those who sacked Jerusalem were Christians.

It's not religion that is to blame, it's people peverting something to their own ends, added to prejudice and downright evil. On both sides of the conflict.

I think the original idea was a power surge, it's not that stupid I suppose, they thought 9/11 was accidental at first I remember.

Actually, people were shouting "Iraqi Terrorism" before it was even confirmed to be a terrorist attack.

I was still in school when it happened. I remember my friends and I listening to the radio, we heard some politician pushing to invade Iraq.

Funny how it turns out they had nothing to do with it. >_<

Apparently there is nothing we can do or offer to stop these terrorist attacks, they will continue untill all of the world join the religion of Islam.

It's nice to see that someone here actually understands the problem. It's amazing how many people form strong opinions based solely on the colossal ignorance of "political correctness."

It's not religion that is to blame, it's people peverting something to their own ends, added to prejudice and downright evil. On both sides of the conflict.

Moral relativism? I take it you haven't read much Islamic scripture, and there is more than just the Qur'an. I don't think many Muslims have read much of it either (the same applies to many "Christians" and The Bible, I think). I have read quite a lot of Islamic scripture (as well as The Bible), and I can tell you that, in the case of Islam, the terrorists are not "perverting" it. In general, they are practicing it as Muhammad intended (according to Islamic scripture). I guess I should leave it at that since this is not the place for political or religious discussion (I didn't start it here).

No, they're not practicing it as Muhammad intended. They're twisting words to fit their own agendas, which is especially easy given the disparity in times and societies.

Muhammad did not intend to found a religion based on murder, anymore than Jesus did (for instance, there is a hadith where Muhammad sees a woman killed on a battlefield and condemns the action). Violence is to be carried out in a solely defensive capacity, and only to certain limits, which does not include killing women, children, the old and infirm. There's plenty of other Islamic scripture, and quite frankly, little of it (in the eyes of Muslims) comes close to being anywhere near as important as the Qur'an.

The rest of it's scripture has little bearing on their religion. The Qur'an does.

It's nice to see that someone here actually understands the problem. It's amazing how many people form strong opinions based solely on the colossal ignorance of "political correctness.

It's also amazing how few people can think for themselves. "Let there be no compulsion in religion." (2:256). They're not trying to force us to convert us to Islam, that would be a wasted effort. They blew up Muslims in the London bombing, alongside Christians and Jews, who are also 'People of the Book' and to be regarded as believers.

In short, I love it how all the bigots come scurrying out of the woodwork when these things happen. Most of them are so scared and stupid, they can't resist an easy target.

Islam is no more unified than Christianity.

Modern Islamic Fundamentalism has its roots in the 18th century, when the Wahhabi puritan movement was founded and allied itself with the House of Saud in an attempt to end Ottoman rule in the Arabian Penninsula. The Wahabbis have always been intolerant of Christians and Jews, an attitude that is in stark contrast to mainstream Islam.

When Saudia Arabia was formed, the House of Saud made Wahhabism the state religion in return for the Wahhabi clerics giving their support to the royal family. Part of this deal involved the Saudi government using oil revenues to support the fundamentalist missionaries in other Muslim countries. It is worth remembering that 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, as is Osama bin Laden.

The House of Saud is now deeply unpopular in Saudi Arabia, partly because it has grossly mismanaged its oil revenues and partly because the fundamentalist clerics are unhappy with their business dealings with the West, including the Bush family. The clerics want all Saudi oil exports to cease, even though they know that this would cripple the national economy. What makes things even more unstable is that the current king is mentally unfit to rule, and his family is engaged in a power struggle for the succession.

Perhaps bin Laden is soley motivated by this internal power struggle. He comes from one of the most powerful families in Saudi Arabia, and the war on terror has given him strong support among the fundamentalists. If the fundamentalists manage to overthrow the current royal family, they will choose him as the sucessor.

OBL got into all this by funding the mujhadeen in Afghanistan when the USSR invaded. Being extremely rich, he bought arms and materiel and funnelled it into the country and was top of the West's Good Boy list. Until we invaded Iraq and he got sick of the West slapping the Middle East around. He's a relatively new phenomenon, being independent of state funding.

I don't consider fundamentalists to be religious. I just think they use religion in order to spread hate and ruin lives. They might see themselves as being holy, but to my mind, when someone believes something so strenuously (whatever it may be, e.g. "All muslims are evil." or "all christians are evil.") it starts to divorce them from reality. No shock there.

Of course they're making inroads. There are always people to be recruited, the disillusioned and the downtrodden, but the vast majority or Muslims do not support, or condone, what happened on September the 11th or the London bombings.

Of course they're making inroads.  There are always people to be recruited, the disillusioned and the downtrodden, but the vast majority or Muslims do not support, or condone, what happened on September the 11th or the London bombings.

Of course. But aside from other best ignored extremist groups, who in the public eye is claiming that all muslims are barbaric and cruel enough to condone and support terrorist attacks?

I voted, but without any enthusiasm. I live in a marginal Lib Dem/Conservative constituency. I preferred what the Lib Dems were saying, but I ended up voting Conservative because the Lib Dems seem to do everything they can to avoid standing up to Tony Blair.

How I wish the Monster Raving Loony Party had put up a candidate in my area :P They're the most sensible party around.