Other gaming news

https://startrekaliendomain.com/bgimage.jpg

Browser-based multiplayer online strategy game Star Trek: Alien Domain has now been announced.

Some intel:

Set in the mysterious extradimensional realm of Fluidic Space, players will make strategic decisions to maintain control over limited resources, balance defensive spending with research, establish colonies, and prioritize power distribution for optimal efficiency. Players will also have the option to participate in PvP encounters such as one-on-one skirmishes, raids against player-controlled outposts, and large-scale, guild vs. guild Alliance Battles.

Taking place after the most chronologically recent Star Trek canon and featuring a new Star Trek story, players will control a variety of starships and technologies native to their chosen faction. Starships include Constitution-class and Defiant-class starships for the Federation, and D7 Battle Cruisers and Bird-of-Prey for the Klingon Empire. Players will even be able to craft and pilot unprecedented super starships created through emerging technologies. Creating a diverse starship fleet is essential for exploring the deep reaches of Fluidic Space and quelling its threats, as well as for defending against rival colonies and players.

::

More to be disclosed 'in the coming months'.

https://www.blazinggriffin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/DS-Slider-1-1500w-400h.jpg

Distant Star: Revenant Fleet has now decloaked.

A real-time, space-strategy game for PC, featuring fleet-based combat, a dynamically generated galaxy, and an evolving narrative that is different every time.

Wisely choose the story path for your fleet, battle across a galaxy of lethal battlefields, and build up your ships, skills and equipping before launching a final, cataclysmic assault against your enemy.

Early Access expected by late 2014.

[Official site]

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/276870/extras/DwelversStoreCyc.png

Dwelvers is a real time strategy game where the player takes the role of an evil Dungeon Lord who guide its minions through building their own dungeon, below and above the surface. Manage elaborate production chains, cater to the needs and quirks of each monster and lead them to battles against other monsters and pathetic humans.

Dwelvers is now available via Steam Early Access and 20% off until September 18th.

Apollo4x is a space-based, turn-based strategy 4X game featuring trading, politics, economics, and tactical warfare.

You are the president of an interstellar merchant company on the planet Apollo and are given a monopoly over the planets in the Stellarverse. As president, you must successfully set up trading routes, conduct profitable trade and stay in power using shrewd politics, fiscal sense, and intelligent planning. To achieve this goal, you must colonize worlds across the galaxy, to bring vast fortunes to Apollo all while dealing with the domestic agendas at home.

Apollo4X is now seeking Greenlighting here.

[Official site]

https://s3.amazonaws.com/patreon/d35c16a232872e9e716ca558c68eb00d.jpg

Kerberos Productions has now announced that The Sword of the Stars Premium Lore Book has been completed!

Here's word:

The 442-page compendium of art and background fiction from the Sword of the Stars space opera milieu covers over ten years of game development, including concept art and writing dating back to 2004. The nine-chapter volume covers all seven of the so-called "imperial" (aka "playable") races of the galaxy, including cultural and political decades for a bizarre menagerie of alien intelligences, and includes never-seen-before concept art and personal interviews with the Kerberos dev team.

Arinn Dembo, the Lead Writer of the series, is pleased and relieved to have finished the project, which took much longer than she expected. "I was in way over my head," she admits. "Even after 20 years writing in this industry, there are always things you haven't done before. This was my first major source book for an entire science fiction franchise, and I bit off way more than any one person could easily chew. Wrangling hundreds of pages of art, design and text was much harder than just writing a novel!"

There's a very special opportunity to get a signed copy by supporting Arinn Dembo at Patreon:

Pledge $150.00 or more per month

(Limited 10 of 10 left)

For a ONE-TIME, single-month donation of $150 or more, I will send you a personally autographed hardback copy of The Sword of the Stars Premium Lore Book, a 400+ page compendium of background fiction from the Sword of the Stars universe. Lavishly illustrated in full color, the Lore Book is a rare limited edition item; only ten hardback copies will be available for my supporters, as these will be donated by my team at Kerberos Productions.