Other gaming news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbxzq8WYlOA

Imagine a universe in which you don't have to do anything… but you can do everything!

Mine minerals, trade goods, transport passengers, ambush tradesmen, hunt outlaws, join guilds of traders, soldiers or merciless pirates and pilot different ships from tiny unarmed transporters to huge armed-to-the-teeth space destroyers…

...or leave everything behind and explore the diverse pixel universe! And when traveling light years away, prepare to meet beings and see things you only knew from science fiction and fantasy stories...

When the universe is made of pixels, there are endless possibilities.

So, be what you want. Be a pilot!

[Official site]

::

Plus:

https://www.11bitstudios.com/img/blog/thumbnail/thumbnail5400b035ac58ablogengeb.jpg

This War of Mine is now available for pre-ordering 10% off as detailed here.

[Official site]

Sure, like in PC Gamers top 100 list where XCOM beat X-COM? Congratulations, that puts you right back at Thorondor's post! rolleyes.gif

The trouble with these lists is that it depends greatly on who you have as judges. If everyone was in their 30's and 40's and liked turn-based strategy games, X-COM would have rated much higher (or even won). Now-a-days, we have teenieboppers and 20-somethings proclaiming themselves expert judges for the top 100 games of all time. And probably at least one of them were not even born before X-COM was released in 1994. It's all about demographics. secret.gif

To make this a little less biased, PC Gamer should have created a list of 100 games, had every judge play all 100 games and then rate them. It wouldn't remove all bias as the judges are obviously young and need, no, crave action/twitch over planning and strategy. But I guarantee that X-COM would have rated much higher on the list had this been done. pardon.gif

- Zombie