Other gaming news

Carrack.jpg

In recognition of the second annual Ship Showdown event - where veteran pilots celebrate their favorite vessels in the verse - Cloud Imperium Games is launching a special two-week "Free Fly" event for new players. Starting today at 4 p.m. UTC and running until September 23, new players will have the rare opportunity to join the expanding universe in Star Citizen and test pilot the community's "Top 16" favorite ships free of charge.

During the Ship Showdown Free Fly celebration, new players can also look forward to special discounts on starter ship packs and a limited-time referral bonus granting a P-52 Merlin for players that refer a friend to Star Citizen. Boasting a centerline Gatling cannon and a Lightning Power engine, the Merlin is a fast, maneuverable ship that packs a surprising punch! Ideal for racing, local reconnaissance, and fast combat.

::

The Ship Showdown Free Fly page can be found here.

A severed arm and a mysterious message lead the crew of the Unreliable to the Gorgon Asteroid, formerly the site of one of Halcyon's most ambitious and disastrous scientific undertakings, now a lawless den of monsters and marauders. Wealthy recluse Minnie Ambrose tasks the crew with finding answers about Dr. Olivia Ambrose, her mother and the doomed project's disgraced director, but they are soon ensnared in an intrigue that will change the colony forever.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is the first of two narrative expansions that can be purchased individually or bundled at a discount in The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass.

Available now.

[Official site]

GameWatcher's Robert Honaker reviews Star Renegades.

An interesting passage...

Even more so, I’m tired of the mechanics involved in the rogue-lite genre. Frankly, they feel at odds with the clear desire to tell a story here, too.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not tired of the rogue-lite mechanics, I always disliked it so much I rarely put any effort into such games, with a sole exception of FTL. Not that I liked it there, I just endured it long enough to beat the game.

The thought that you basically CAN NOT beat the game for several tries - even when you'd be a seasoned player of this game and you reinstalled - just makes me not even try. I don't know who came up with this hideous gameplay mechanics and I even less understand why anyone likes it. I sure DON'T.

@SV: well, when you reach for the stars you must be ready to fall into blackness. ;) And these days there's rarely any excuse to blindly spend money on a game when so much information is being afforded you beforehand. Right? *nudge, nudge* :)

Meanwhile:

Isle of Siptah is a major expansion for the popular open-world survival game Conan Exiles. It features a vast new island to explore, huge and vile new creatures to slay, new building sets and a whole new gameplay cycle.

Shipwrecked and alone, you arrive at the mystical Isle of Siptah. With nothing but the scraps on your back, you craft the tools you need to survive. At first a simple camp and a crude stone ax, with time a fortress and brutal greatswords made from hardened steel or obsidian.

At the center of the island, a dark tower looms above the landscape. The violent storm that swirls around it seems to gather strength and unspeakable horrors stalk within. But your most dangerous foe may be the other castaways on the island. Resources are scarce, and the fight for survival will be brutal.

Conan Exiles' "Isle of Siptah" DLC is now officially slated to become available via Steam Early Access on the 15th of September. Full release planned for early 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLNrVwVHl4

Build a mobile village and travel with your tribe toward the center of the world, called The Eye. This roguelike turn-based resource-management game is made of procedural situations, natural events, skill-trees and hard choices. Ready to move?

As Far As The Eye is now out and available on GoG and Steam 10% off until September 17th.