The Movie Thread

Slaughter

FA will know this one I'm sure - Red Cliff was in last night on Film4. Looked great but I had to turn it off as I'd come in halfway through and didn't want to spoil it - I'm sure it will be on Film4 again this week at some point.

Some suitably ridiculous bits in the turtle formation (I'd honestly expected that to be the army on their backs waving their arms and legs in the air but apparently not - their version was far more efficient :)).

Should we have a movies forum?

I was just having a think about it and it could make a decent subforum for the Off Topic forum and might promote more discussion of individual films, whereas this topic (fantastic as it is) tends to change to the next film rather quickly thus ending the discussion.

Could do!

Watched The Guard, and it's still very funny. Top performance from Mark Strong, too. The BR is good but not excellent overall.

Considering I paid £5 for it though, it's a steal (along with Drive Angry, which soured the deal a little, but seeing as they're about £10-15 each normally...).

Cabin in the Woods. About time we saw some brains up in the genre, provides a great frame for a traditional stupid horror film, definitely go see it. Very funny in places, but skillfully switches between horror and comedy without messing up. Acting isn't always great, but most of it is competent and upwards.

Yet another BR to buy!

Also, it has armadillos crawling out of coffins.

Why? Because of reasons, that's why.

P.S. If anyone could tell me why, please do. Driving me mad.

If you squint real hard and don't pay much attention to the fact they have a hard shell, they kind of look like giant rats, which is what I think the director was hoping for.... ???

Finally got around to watching El Secreto de sus Ojos. Brilliant film, as I suspected Ricardo Darin does not disappoint, and I was surprised by Guillermo Francella (Sandoval), I'm used to seeing him in his comedian role and was not expecting something this good, really enjoyed it. A great police drama, great unexpected ending, highly satisfying movie.

Welcome to a new section of the show called "I'm too stupid to remember the name of the movie, and any actor!", the game is as follows, I try my best to describe this movie I've watched, and enjoyed, but cannot for the life of me remember the god damn name, and you kind people help me find out what movie it was. Got it? ready?

The movie was about a company of actors preparing a play, the movie was a comedy and focused on the problems between each other, two of them were having an affair (IIRC!), one was a struggling alcoholic who would systematically hide booze all over the set so he would get hammered while acting (with the rest of the actors trying to prevent him from doing so), the director... I cannot remember what was the problem with him. The whole set they would act in (while performing / rehearsing) was a two story cabin. I do remember (who knows why!) several points where one of the protagonists, a young pretty blonde girl, would get undressed and run around in her white lingerie.

It was a fun movie but I watched many years ago and I cannot remember the name, and would love to watch it again! Does my horrible description ring any bells for anyone?

a young pretty blonde girl, would get undressed and run around in her white lingerie.

Oh yes? A must-see, I think.

/polishes monocle in preparation

Not ringing any bells for me, mate. Any idea what decade/country etc it was released?