Welcome!

Pete

Strong_Bob, we did have a PM conversation about this the other day. Your old one is still intact, but I#d have to go through it and manually copy it across to a new PM and PM it to you. There's no easy way to do it and you said it wasn't that important :(

Oh. I've lost all my mail too. As I assume everyone else has.

Oh well.  :lol:

Indeed. Allold PM's gone. To be honest, this is all because the merge tool didn't have this feature, but also that even if it did, it would have taken me four hours to do the merge plus an extra four hours on the twelve hour testing I did. My weekends just ain't that long :) :)

This shouldn't be an issue ever again unless licenses (which already costs us an annual amount) for this software rise sharply in price. Considering this software used to be free and the creator said on several occasions that it would always be free, please bear in mind that this is always a possibility.

Nothing on the web stays the way it is for very long :)

There's no easy way to do it and you said it wasn't that important

Actually I said quite the opposite.

I had some important things in my PM box. Is it possible that my messages may be recovered?

Could I just have one particular PM re-sent to me? It should be a big one sent by Lonestar, I forget the title. But it should be the second most recent sent from him.

If it'll take hours for just that one, since I have no idea how such a system works, then forget about it.

Shouldn't take too long, but I was under the impression your PM you sent afterwards said it wasn't important. I'm probably wrong though and it's unimportant anyway whether you did or not :)

I'll try and dig it out tomorrow. One shouldn't be too much trouble, it's just if everyone starts requesting the last 20 or something :)

I don't mind losing the rest so much... I don't remember sending you a PM though... And my sentbox is empty. I must've been real drunk if I did send you one though, because I've been planning to reply to that PM, the one I need, since early December.

EDIT: I checked my browser history. I'm certain I didn't send you a PM, unless I did it from another computer, but I would've remembered that. Are you confusing me with someone else?

It's not a doppelganger, it's a bot. :)

As for the site change, I've noticed, that my member number have changed from something around 800 to 200. Do I get it right, that all the old members was assigned numbers in alphabetical order during the shift?

Everyone got transferred. I think it went in alphabetical order for the X-COM forums, then I did the Aftermth forums and then I did the Silent Storm forums.

All the system did do that was fancy was to not bother porting over members with the same names. Fortunately in this case, that was us admins and regulars who had been to the X-COM and Aftermath forums, so it only copied us over once :)