Welcome!

Pete

The staff at StrategyCore.co.uk would just like to offer a warm welcome to everyone from X-COM.co.uk, UFOAftermath.co.uk and S2HQ.com.

We realise that we're not off to the best start with having to upgrade to the new forum software and perform the database merge early, but recently we've been the target of several malicious server attacks so we've upgraded ahead of shedule and have had to temporarily close X-COM.co.uk and UFOAftermath.co.uk.

S2HQ.com runs off a completely different system and you can still access the current site at https://www.s2hq.com with little difficulty.

The current forum skin is a temporary one until the new skin is finished, so please bear with us on that one.

We will, as always, keep you informed as to the latest developments and we really hope to have the new combined site up and running as soon as possible.

Go ahead and get posting! :(

I've just realised that none of the moderators of the previous sites have moderating rights.

If you had moderating rights or staff status, tell me via PM which forums you could previously moderate and I will alter your user profiles accordingly.

Only previous moderators need apply - I know who was on the staff team so don't push your luck if you weren't :(:cry:

Yes, that's one of the topics we were afraid of not moving :(. But since there are more than one, we think it more appropriate that one of you guys start a new one.

Regarding your post count I wouldn't know. That is Pete's turf. Maybe some posts that weren't transferred you lost "credit" for? Pete will have to answer.

Was just wondering where the DOW nest had dissepeard to? I assume you guys have no objections to us starting a new one?

The quoting system is a bit weird, is there no way to turn it off by default and make it an optioanl extra?

And finally, where have all the smilies gone? :(

Was just wondering where the DOW nest had dissepeard to? I assume you guys have no objections to us starting a new one?

The quoting system is a bit weird, is there no way to turn it off by default and make it an optioanl extra?

And finally, where have all the smilies gone?  :(

I'm considering giving you a forum for DoW. Have to discuss it with Pete first though. Or we can transfer your old thread possibly.

As for the quoting I hadn't tested it until now. Click quote, then reply? Should get used to it quickly enough I guess. If not you have to ask Pete. I don't know if it can be turned off.

Regarding smilies, BB should be up and running again soon. He'll fix it. Remember that this is a temporary skin though, so you may have to live without them for a little while.

As for DoW - we can't transfer individual threads unfortunately, which is why we had to leave behind or carry across the extra 30,000 threads across three boards... Didn't fancy the extra effort sorry :cry:

I'm not against you starting a new thread up for now... not sure about adding forums... we've got 40-odd including the root categories, but I have seen boards with over 100 forums. Let me check out the new thumbnail feature on this board before deciding what to do... gimme a sec...

Let's see if this worked...

screeny.jpg

Righty-ho that worked for images uploaded in posts... which only admins can do for now :( I'll see if I can get it working for remotely linked images assuming that's how you did it before?

As for the Love Nest... it's nothing personal! Honest! I knew this would happen, but please feel free to start one up.

Indeedy. Please try to keep screenshots of a reasonable size - I think these forums don't stretch to display anything missed off the edge so your maximum image width is probably going to be about 600 pixels wide.

There should be any number of free image utilities out there - most notably The Gimp, which if memory serves is a free, fully featured, image manipulation package. This should easily allow you resize and save as a jpeg with about 75% compression - optimum for whichever server you host the images on.

In other news - apologies to teh 20 or so people who couldn't see the forums after logging in, or maybe who could not log in at all due to some incorrect member group permissions. This is pretty much anyone who's previously been marked as an Admin or posted in the Aftermath mod release forum on the old sites. It wasn't intentional and you can try again - we miss you! :(:cry:

Ooh, it's so big... Wait a minute... The smilies!! :o

Hey, at least they're yellow. :( It's just these funny white things sticking out of them I don't get... :(

Concerning post counts, on the XCTF forum, the off topic section didn't add to your post count. I don't know if that's true of the new forum, but if so, that'd justify a massive dent in Aralez's post count. :cry: (It took a big chunk out of mine... <_>

Ooh, it's so big... Wait a minute... The smilies!!  :o

Hey, at least they're yellow.  :(  It's just these funny white things sticking out of them I don't get...  :(

Concerning post counts, on the XCTF forum, the off topic section didn't add to your post count. I don't know if that's true of the new forum, but if so, that'd justify a massive dent in Aralez's post count.  :cry:  (It took a big chunk out of mine...  <_>

Off topic posts aren't counted here it seems. Not sure if I think that's right or wrong...

When everything's sorted, the old domain of x-com.co.uk will point to the new strategycore.co.uk X-COM webspace. Just for all those many other sites that have nicely linked to us over the years.

Yep, Off Topic posts don;t count, because we once had an incident or two where people wanted to see each other's post counts and then someone started a race to see how much spam they could post just to stay on top of everyone else post-count-wise. :(

Well, I will just wait till it is all done. Just don't know why people have nothing better to do but hack sites and all of that anyway!

Probably automatic programs or something like that anyway. I really do not know!

:(

Well, they are all not yellow anyway, I found one that's red-pink, whatever!