English Database in Russian Version?

LordGek

AFAIK you just install the patch, and ALL text is converted into English. Only voices stay Russian. This is possible, because the game was developed in English first. After it was finished, they converted into Russian/Cryllic... At least that's what I understood from the Nival-forums.

Ok to do it (I did it)

1. D/L any Mod

2. Unzip the mod into the silent storm directory in a folder called the name of the mod

3. When you launch the game it will still be in russain you have to go to the mod choice on the main menu, click on the name of the mod, then press the left arrow.

4 Press the button on the bottom right of the screen and there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so what if i did that and the mods still don;t show up?

C:......modsSavegame. the game.db is there, I do notice that the example mod has more than just the game.db?

Do i need to cut'n'paste some cyrillic text to get my mods to show up in the mod choice screem? Is there a russian language file for windows that might be a good idea to get?

When I first installed, all button text was ?'s. Ok was ??, and Cancel was ??????. Did it do that for you as well?

As far as the missing characters when installing goes...?? for ok, etc, that's complately normal when installing software in a character set other than your operating system. It's very annoying. Try living in a non-English speaking country. Everything you install is very much an exercise in, "well I'll just click this button, and see what happens"

@ Nixolus - I can imagine the pain. Heck even with English I know a few people who "well I'll just click this button, and see what happens" :evil:

Are the mods case and name sensitive? Ex. Save Game would work, whereas Savegame wouldn't?

I;m at work, and hoping to figure it out before I go home. Also waiting for my roommate to get up and turn on VPN so I can fiddle with it from here.

edit*********************************

K, so

1.full russian game

2. apply unnoficial patch - it's name is AI_HACK (lol)

3. reboot for copy protect update

4. put game.db & description.txt in mod folder - no sub folders!!!

now a custom game appears, but only the one right in the mod folder, and when you choose it, you get english. if no description.txt, no mod to choose.

This worked for me, when Biggles' way wouldn't. So try Biggles' steps first, and if they don't wanna co-operate, try the above.

Soryy I can't help further. That path is a copy & paste from my directory. As far as I know the mods each need their own directory, as the mod files themseleves are all called game.db, and you can run multiple mods.

It 'might' be that the name of the directory must be the same as the name of the mod.. i never looked inside the mod so if I did that right it was by random fluke.

Are you using the 'SaveGame' mod that is on this site for download?

• 2 weeks later...
@ Nixolus - I can imagine the pain.  Heck even with English I know a few people who  "well I'll just click this button, and see what happens"  :evil:  

Are the mods case and name sensitive?  Ex. Save Game would work, whereas Savegame wouldn't?

I;m at work, and hoping to figure it out before I go home.  Also waiting for my roommate to get up and turn on VPN so I can fiddle with it from here.

edit*********************************

K, so

1.full russian game

2. apply unnoficial patch - it's name is AI_HACK (lol)

3. reboot for copy protect update

4. put game.db & description.txt in mod folder - no sub folders!!!

now a custom game appears, but only the one right in the mod folder, and when you choose it, you get english.  if no description.txt, no mod to choose.

This worked for me, when Biggles' way wouldn't.  So try Biggles' steps first, and if they don't wanna co-operate, try the above.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the unnoficial patch - it's name is AI_HACK ?

Are you playing the Russian version patched? In english? or Russian?

I am not really sure how well the translation of the patch readme is done. So perhaps you still need to mod it?

I notice your email address is from russia, perhaps the forums as silest.ru may have an answer for you if you speak russian.