ALPine

Fulby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one small issue I have with ALPine Fulby. When I have installed a plugin, and want to open ALPine, I have to close the plugin installer, and open ALPine manually. Can you please make a button in the plugin installer that takes you directly to ALPine? :) (yes, I am lazy :))

It is called ALPine.exe. But strangely enough, this is only a problem when I open the installer with a plugin. If I start PInst.exe by double clicking it, it works. So it seems that the problem is only there when a plugin is "active" in it. It doesn't matter whether I install the plugin or not, doesn't work either way.

Does ALPine still work but without adding text, or can it not add plugins at all? If it doesn't work at all, a partial solution might be to get a localizationpack.vfs from another language version of UFO:AM, which would let you use ALPine compatible plugins but you wouldn't get glossary entries etc.

Fulby

• 4 weeks later...

There is one small issue I have with ALPine Plugin Installer Fulby.

When i replacing a large old module (for example Cyborg), i have to delete manually the Cyborgs plugin directory :) or i have to press the yes button for 100 times :) .

Can you please make a button in the ALPine Plugin Installer that overwrite all old file (Yes, overwrite all or something like that). :)

I'll add an extra option to the installer and I think I know why RB6.3 isn't being found. I'll probably upload a new ALPine or patch at the weekend after making the changes.

One question: Does the RB6.3 VFS filename match "*cfg.vfs" or "mod*.vfs"?

Fulby

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone interested in an Alpine plugin that limits your crew to seven people? I had this idea when i had 14 or more recruits in my equipment screen and they somehow made me nervous :)

And did anyone ever try to add a new difficulty level? I thought about something like the "superhuman" level in XCOM....

I could do another Alpine plugin with this, IF it works....