Combo-Mod v.2

Aralez

Ok, here's a thread where you can post ideas, suggestions, and questons about the next Combo-Mod, made by BlackAlmaz and TYR (and a bit me).

My suggestions:

-Damage values back to the 6.8 standards

-BFG should have to be researched

-Maybe BlackAlmaz can provide a new model for the Lurkerguns?

-New texture for the chainsaw, please

-Give Aliens sniper rifles back

-Psi armours stronger

-CONVENTIONAL armour heavier

-Maybe a new Reticulan grenade

-Give Aliens more hitpoints, MUCH more

-Research is too fast, make it take longer

Ideas from TYR and BlackAlmaz

-Medic armour

-Heavy med-pack

-Only one or two grenades in inventory of Aliens

-Laser sniper rifle new model

-AK101 and AK103 with new models

-Stronger Alien weapons?

So, anything else?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new p90 model

new m4 carabine model

m85 zastava (ak74) model

-----------------------------

coming soon: m82, Fiveseven, 9mm Beretta

as mentioned by blackalmaz a new plasma weapon based on the classic ufo one

maybe called heavy plasma gun to give our poor greys some more firepower :)

how about we introduce a new type of grey? i dont think greys should have more hp, increase the strengh of their shields those are too weak to handle our nice little toys. They could use a soldier class foottrooper, i think of a simply reskinned grey making him bigger and more muscular somewhat like a muton. I did not have a look on this yet, i can reskin him for sure but is it possible to mix them with the standard ones in the same mission ?

edit: heres just a first try of a grey

So far i have read it should not be a problem to include such a unit, however my knowledge on making creatures is still limited since i didnt make such a thing yet.

BlackAlmaz can you explain me some details ?

ps: Cant await to reskin soldiers :dead:

Aralez, per your question in the former thread, regarding what I think about the new stats. The answer is sort of long.

I am a junkie for new weapons to try and to experiment with. So, the new weapons in the Combo-Mod were what drew me back in. As usual, I liked them. But, I didn't get into the game far enough to be able to sense the differences that BlackAlmaz and TYR might have introduced in the former weapons.

I can say that I had gotten used to the weapons, ranges, and balance of RB6.8, and too far off from that might throw everything back out of whack. But, I can also understand BlackAlmaz wanting to change his favorite Russian Weapons so that they make sense, and since I'm into the futuristic stuff, what he does to make Russian Weapons better or stronger would be fine with me.

The whole Aftermath game is about Range. I personally wouldn't want them changing the range on things unless they are making the weapon better.

Research Limitations on BFG would be fine. I think the Warp thing comes a little late in the game. You might want to sync the BFG Research with the Plasma Gun Research. If I remember right, the Plasma Guns come after the Lasers but long before the Warp Research, so make the BFG's available mid-game. It would be nice to have BFG's in place about the point where the game goes from easy to hard, where the Reticulans start carrying Microslug throwers and such. Maybe you could tie BFG into microslug research?

You need to think about it.

My wish? I wish that you would incorporate Fulby's Etherial into the soldier pool or into the crew. I'd like to have a few Etherials along with the Mutons in my crew.

Fulby did a whole new model to give us Etherials, and I was always a little sad that his efforts didn't make it into the Rebalance.

Again, the game is about range. If they can shoot you, and you can't shoot them, then it's only a matter of time until you have lost. I know that BlackAlmaz got really frustrated at times, when the Aliens were shooting at us with Advanced Sniper rifles, and we still had AK-47's and such. So no, I wouldn't give the aliens all of the Sniper rifles, only the shorter range ones. It's frustrating enough when they have LurkerGuns and BFG's.

Yes, I was hoping that BlackAlamaz's new models for the LurkerGun would have made it into the Rebalance.

And, yes, I like to see a Heavy Plasma or something that would make the Plasma Research more productive. As you tie more things to Research, it makes the Research more valuable. That's a good rebalance tactic, and would go a ways to eliminate the unfairness complaint that some have said, though I thought the Retloeth or Uber Alien was a partial effort to give the Aliens more ability to stand against the onslaught.

Anyway, it's summer, and I don't play games all that much during the summer, so I'm not as good a tester as maybe I was. But, I still download, ALLITEM's and try to have a look. It's fun to see people thinking about the Rebalance again.

And, yes, I would want more of TYR's and BlackAlmaz's models and new guns to make it into a future Rebalance.

Hopefully, whoever is testing it and playing it a lot will get a feel for the right balance over time. The game can't be so hard that nobody wants to play it, and it can't be too easy that it's no fun. The problem I have seen is that few people have time enough to test to 30 or 40 bases captured where the game changes and goes hard. I don't know how balanced or enjoyable the Rebalance end game is, because I have never been able to get there before a new version of the mod comes out, requiring me to delete the saved games and start fresh.

Plus, the RB6.8 introduced occasional CTD's to my system, which ratchets up the frustration. I never had crash problems until the WTD and the other RB6.8 stuff was introduced.

Anyway, there's a smattering of ideas for ya all to think about.

Hm, very good input Lurker (as usual!). BlackAlmaz, what do you think ? Can you add the Etherial to the crew pool? You can copy-n-paste my Muton idea for that, simply make an armor with the Ethereal-model and add it to the listofpeople.txt like i did with the mutons. The structure, folders and everything else is already there, now we only need Fulbys permission. (hint hint, Fulby) :)

And Lurkers idea with the required research for the BFG is good, too. Maybe we should raise the requirement for the Lurkerguns as well ?

And the new Plasmagun: I like the idea :)

Lurker, i still have to see a CTD with the RBMOD or Combomod, maybe we should swap our PC's ? :)

Ahem, one more thing (which i first realized today): Can you adjust the ranges of the rifles back to smaller ones, too ? Today in a mission i saw that e.g. the M4 has 68 (!) range compared to the RPG-7 with 28. Iirc the best sniper rifle in the game, the Falcon had originally ~65, so i think that's WAY to much.

Hm, maybe you can convince your officer by giving him something alcoholic to drink before you ask :)

I suggest to use chloroform.

Anyway, Aralez if the ideas you're talking about are the SR clip size and energy weapons, so far I've changed the Rem. Mod. 700 to 4 shots/clip and the PSG1 to a 5 shots/clip. I tried giving the PSG1 the possibility to use the G3 clips, as I read it can use these, but the 1st try made the PSG behave when using that clip like a G3 and the second method just lead to a CTD, so only 5 shot/clips for this one :). The LI-AE has also 5 shot/clips, but I'm trying to give it a second clip type with 8 shots at the same time.

The alien energy cell now has 1500 PU (power units) the power cells will be modified later. Note that I had to edit the equipsets for the aliens to take advantage of the extra power otherwise they would just have 2/3 full batteries

The alien laser pistol has a much better burst mode of 6 rps (2 bursts of 3 beams each) and now can in fact be a dangerous CQC weapon. Also it's power unit consumption has been lowered to 50 units per shot, so it can have 30(ec)/60(pc) shots per clip.

The alien laser rifle is pretty much the same except it now consumes more PU from the battery (100) giving it 15(ec)/30(ec) shots per clip.

Alien plasma launcher: removed it's burst mode (they have plenty of advantage with just the aimed mode) and slowed down a bit it's fire rate(0.5 to 0.4 rps). This is still under analisys and the fire rate might be reverted if it looks like the aliens don't perform well with it.

I'll be changing the rest as they shot up through the test-run game. Don't know how well these will fit with the RBmod tho.

the reason for the m4 is cause it uses the launcher code, wich makes it very bad at long range...but i think i gave the rocket launchers a 40 range

the psg can hold 10 bullets, ramington is 4...your correct, the falcon is 2,

i'm so..so so tierd.......just had a fitness test today...plus i bout a puppy..thats already allot of work....can you guys give me abit more time to finish the mod

Comon Soldier give me another one hundred! :) Take it easy i want to add some more of my weaponary, just almost done with the m82 and another one already planned, i think you will like it but top secret :)

Actually the Falcon should not be much stronger than the m82, it just uses a bit stronger cartidge but of the same calibre, guess because its a tschech weapon its the best sniper ingame, but that will change soon... :)

I will be done until weekend, maybe earlier

I've read plenty of sites and they all say it uses 5 clip magazines or a standard 20. I even checked the german HECKLER & KOCH HOMEPAGE

Well, yes and no actually there are 3 types of clips for it, as example you will see in the next combomod my m4 carabine model with a 100 s clip magazine instead of a regular 30. We could make different types of mags although i dont see big use there, exept you want special ammo like explosive or armorpiercing, but those rather for the higher calibre weapons. Like this i just started to model :)