Weapon and equipment wishes for rb6.0

Aralez

The original PsiBlaster freezes aliens right? That's why I didn't think that the game had a psi freeze capability, because I never use the PsiBlaster. But, it will freeze or paralyze them won't it? It seems to paralyze my people sometimes, when the Reticulans use it. I don't know if its damage or freeze effect should be increased in a rebalance or if the gun should just be left as it is? I was never able to freeze anything with the PsiBlaster, but then maybe I have never tried hard enough.

I couldn't mount and test the new PsiBurner, so for now I can't say one way or the other, but sounds promising.

I guess I felt that the Nanotech needed a right-click targeting cursor so that I would be drawn or compelled to target someone with it. Attacking yourself with it doesn't work, I guess from your response that's as designed. But while standing alone with the Nanotech in hand while my soldier was all damaged up, I was indeed drawn to attack myself with it as it currently is, and it didn't work right.

I personally don't need any more ammo types, just different color classifications according to type, particularly where the A2Gun was concerned.

You can't create a Needler II and give it a 60 meter aimed range and 30 meter burst range? Is there a hard-coded range limit on handguns and pistols that limits them all to less than 30 meters?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AW CRUD. IT FROZE MID-POST, SO I COPIED IT TO MEMORY, AND WENT BACK AND POSTED AGAIN ONLY TO FIND AFTER THE FACT THAT IT HAD ALREADY POSTED.

The original PsiBlaster freezes aliens right? That's why I didn't think that the game had a psi freeze capability, because I never use the PsiBlaster. But, it will freeze or paralyze them won't it? It seems to paralyze my people sometimes, when the Reticulans use it. I don't know if its damage or freeze effect should be increased in a rebalance or if the gun should just be left as it is? I was never able to freeze anything with the PsiBlaster, but then maybe I have never tried hard enough.

I couldn't mount and test the new PsiBurner, so for now I can't say one way or the other, but sounds promising.

I guess I felt that the Nanotech needed a right-click targeting cursor so that I would be drawn or compelled to target someone with it. Attacking yourself with it doesn't work, I guess from your response that's as designed. But while standing alone with the Nanotech in hand while my soldier was all damaged up, I was indeed drawn to attack myself with it as it currently is, and it didn't work right.

I personally don't need any more ammo types, just different color classifications according to type, particularly where the A2Gun was concerned.

You can't create a Needler II and give it a 60 meter aimed range and 30 meter burst range? Is there a hard-coded range limit on handguns and pistols that limits them all to less than 30 meters?

The posting feature is lagging or getting stuck. I guess it must be everyone downloading Rebalance 5.5. ;)

I'm truly running out of ideas, or apparently thinking up stuff that has already been implemented. So, it's time to go back to lurking.

I think everyone will like what Aralez has created. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Many happy hours of playing to all of you!

Major Blush! I have been playing this game since October, and didn't even know what you were talking about when you mentioned Psi Stinger. I had to go in and look it up. It was in the OTHER category. I have never used it. I guess I'm going to have to give it a try. ;)

I now remember picking up a PsiStinger once and then dropping it because I didn't know what it did - at the time I was much more concerned about the Reticulan with the PsiBlaster, because I thought that it was him who was freezing my people. I guess the real culprit with the PsiStinger must have been taken out when I psi-controlled a nearby Rocket Launching Reticulan.

Aralez will have to change the PsiStinger's color to cobalt blue so that we know it freezes. ;)

I kind of figured that the Star Trek Phaser was impossible to implement in Aftermath, turning the Reticulans to smoke or light and having them just disappear.

Currently, the only unanswered question I have left for Aralez is, "Can't you create a Needler II and give it a 60 meter aimed range and 30 meter burst range? Is there a hard-coded range limit on handguns and pistols that limits them all to less than 30 meters?"

I didn't want Aralez wasting time right now with instructions or glossary.

But when he runs out of things to do a month or two from now, it would be nice to get a set of detailed step-by-step instructions from him for dummies like me so that we can go in and tweak his weapons specifications according to our own desires, if there is anything that we feel we would like to change.

Then we could experiment around with something like the PsiBlaster on our own, until we find what we think is the right balance.

I don't have the slightest clue how to go in and modify the aimed range of the Warp Resonator for myself.

I was hoping that Altar would have released a modding tool that would have let us modify weapons statistics in a GUI environment - load the weapons, select the one on the list you want, load everything about it onto the screen, change it as we see fit, and then save it back out to disk.

So far, Aralez is just about the only one who can do what he does. If he goes away, we're sunk.

okey i'll send it to...with what icons what weapon whould have and what name...okey...and maybe you can edit the skin a bit...but i think it looks okey as it is...i have to see you M4/m203.....and see if you cahnged....if you did you can do alot with my guns

have you notecied that black is not black in the game...i mean guns...so is it posible to make them darker

I've noticed an annoyance... Certain weapons (such as the autocannon and the M4) use the rocket launcher logic (only shoot once), this is annoying because you have to target an enemy multiple times to get it to die (unlike the other weapons like the G11 that keep shooting until the target is down.)

And anyway, is it possible to add new models to the game? (Like say...a robot or a muton?)

Bug in downloaded 5.5:

If you select the second Purple lettered SLAW ammo, it rings the error bell, and the mouse goes on the clock, and nothing works, except escape. When you escape, you're taken to the Geoscape. Selecting that particular ammo type and escaping is like a Quit without a save. Effectively a crash to desktop.

Test Results:

I went through all the different types of ammunition and selected each one of them. Only the second SLAW ammo rings the bell and puts the mouse on the clock and messes things up. Everything else worked fine.

Quirk:

If you happen to drag the Magnum back to the screen to return it to inventory, the icon gets off center and goes double exposure.

Maybe i could translate the glossary into spanish. What do you think? (mod devs)

Think that would be great Naitguolf! I am sure Aralez would like it as well. He'll get back to you as soon as he is online again I am sure, though it is his day off tomorrow ;)

@All: You can find the readme for the 5.5 Rebalance mod here. The list of changes is HUGE ;)

With this mod we get more stuff. Ok. I like to develop weapons, so you can re-discover some *lost* weapon during the holocaust.

Adding more functions will be possible? Like manufacturing weapons, but more things.

Things: I like the new armour, but why do you get it at the begining? Lets face it! Humanity was almost wipe out, so we get only some pistols... nothing more! Lets the player to fight to get better items!!

When you get a base, you recibe a lot of new stuff. Thats ok, but no so much. Maybe more "standar" stuff, and lesser "great" weapons. In this way you must use all weapons you can get.

Can be done "weapons that can be broken"? Surely you will carry a pistol, just in case.

Its a pity the infinite suply basic ammo and weapons, i dont like it. If removed, I think this could make other weapons more useable: Like grenades (i never used it, why?) to use it to conserve ammo.

and just one more thing... a almost dead guy should lost some of his/her superheroic stats... ;) (and morale, but this is another history)

Well, maybe those ideas sucks, but i think are tactical ones... then again, maybe not...

BTW, great mod. Congrats.

Cpl Facehugger:

-The rocket principle is needed to make areaeffects and multiple ammos possible.

Naitguolf:

-Yes please go ahead and make that glossary in spanish!

Lurker:

-A pistol with 60 range? Seems a bit overpowered, eek! I thought the Needler was too strong already, or the BFG4500! I'll play the game a bit with the new mod and then decide, ok? If it is really needed then i gonna include it.

-The purple ammo bug IS fixed, please use the version from, hey WAIT!!!!!!

Slaughter, this is the old 5.5 !!!!!!! Argh! I can see it from the readme you posted!!!!! sorry i'm off sending Olav the file again (i send it already but it seems something went wrong!!!!)

Damnit, sometimes everything that can go wrong , goes wrong ;)

Got the ftp-connection to work! I'm uploading atm, so you all should see the correct mod, soon. Sorry for the trouble.

@naitguolf: I included the armour because of users wanting it. UFOAM, is hard, and this way you'll get a small starting-aid ;) And as you can see wit those stats, the armour isn't THAT powerful and even useless later in the game. Btw, basically what you describe (less weapons etc.) is the IRONMAN-MOD, please feel free to try it!

broken weapons and stat changes can't be modded atm. sorry

Oh and Lurker, i'll try to resize the Magnum icon for the next version, thx for the tip!

Regarding the Psiblaster, it certainly should do more damage. But another aproach would be to drastically reduce psi armor for some aliens, after all in the glossay entry of the Psicrusher it says that psi weapons are useful to penetrate armored oponents. I would like to see an alien which was like a shadow, or a ghost, and which can only be harmed with psi power. That would make these weapons actually useful.

I would like to see an alien which was like a shadow, or a ghost, and which can only be harmed with psi power.

That would be a case of making a semi-transparent texture/model (er, or whatever...) & then setting the alien's resistances to all weapons except Psi to 100%.