Alan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I vote for Phoenix Force !

*shrugs*

"i'm not sure about the alliteration" said Peter Parker to John J. Jameson.

it might work :blink:

--------------

for those not in the know:

alliteration: haveing two(or more) words that start with the same sound/letter one after another. eg: Peter Parker.

the quote is from the book of the spiderman movie, where they are discussing the name of the green goblin. (ok so i know its not exactly right, but i only did it from memory)

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys how bout somthing like Surviving Terran Organized Reclaimation Movement or.....S.T.O.R.M. (ta-da!) :blink:

Gas Boy (in Spanish): there's a storm coming

Sarah Conner: I know...(drives off)

Let's face it, the survivors will not be a highly funded first-world subsidized military operation, it would be like the guerilla movement in Terminator and "Al-kinda" :angel: in real-life, hidden bases, paramilitary ops(tiptoe in BOOM tiptoe out), therefore a movement seems more sensible.

or Pheonix Rebirth (a bit redundant) :(

somehow i think that pheonix should be d name of a ultimate game ending vehicle, not unlike Avenger.

or The Remnant Resistance (brain on empty) ;)

I wouldn't want to call a group of ragtag survivors a real military sounding name. it kinda ignores the fact that they are undermanned, undergunned and well in over their heads against techno-superior aliens that just wiped out 99% of the human population... :)

Anyway, Good Luck on the game, guys. its time X-com1 got a decent successor!

Let's face it, the survivors will not be a highly funded first-world subsidized military operation, it would be like the guerilla movement in Terminator and "Al-kinda" in real-life, hidden bases, paramilitary ops...

If you were referring to Al-Queda (I think thats a closer spelling, maybe its Al-Quaeda) (may they all die screaming in anguish), they're not a poorly funded guerrilla organization. Their leader (whose name is not worth my breath to utter) is a millionaire, son of an oil tycoon or something. Though his family has disowned him, he still has/had lots of money and used it to fund the training camps and the operations & logistics and the individual cells. But enough about them.

I kinda disagree. In Terminator, they were in a post-war wasteland. UFO:A is not like that, the infrastructure of the entire world will be completely intact. The aliens just poison the air and kill most of all life. Those that survive have access to everything that stood before the invasion, and with training can bring it all to bear on the Aliens.

• 1 month later...

Umm well I was under the impression that the survivors were protected in underground bunkers of some kind, and so they're not going to be any old idiots. SO they're not going to be a small group of rag-tag soldiers, they're gonna be some really, really rich people/ important government-type people.

I was thinking the style of the group to be something along the lines of the Brotherhood of Steel from the Fallout games, like military/government people with cutting edge technology and good equipment, who come up and gather up any remaining survivors. From what I've heard, I'm not sure anyone outside of a bunker would have survived, so perhaps it is just a bunch of people who got a tad paranoid when they saw massed clouds of death raining down on them and ran for an abandoned nuke shelter of some kind. But then, who would fly the jet planes? And research obscure alien technology? Can YOU fly a jet fighter, intercept a far superior UFO and survive without hitting the side of a mountain?

Unfortunately, I'm not very original when I try to think of names so all I can think of right now is 'The Enclave', 'The Improbable Mission Facility' or 'Phoenix Force'.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...