Can't Go Further.

XCOM

I've 27 bases,and I can't go further.

When I conquer a base (in a mission,or by the troops) I lose it immediately!

I spent an intere day playing,conquering the same bases many times,and It happens every time!

It's a known bug?

It runs on a Pentium4 1.4Ghz with WinXP,and the 1.2patch installed.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Reinstalled the game,and the 1.2 patch;

Play 3 times(!),from the beginning;

There are no pink goo with blue veins near the bases,and I still can't research the Power cell;

It is clear that the patch doesn't work on my system.

I'm really sad.

I've been waiting this game for a lifetime...

Now,I'll wait for the Italian version,who knows?

May be the bugs will be REALLY fixed this time.

Thanks to everybody for the support.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the 1.2 patch

I still can't research the power cells.

Also I have been playing at least 10 hours a day, I have now done 119 missions.

I have 9 bases, in the past 3 days, 10-12 hours of playing each day I have managed to capture 2 bases. Instantly after I win a mission, I lose the base.

The 1.2 patch was ment to make the bases turn to be anti-biomass bases by default. This does not happen.

I REALLY HAVE TO finish this game even if its very slowly, even if it's at a bases at most per day. BUT SOMEONE MAKE THIS PATCH WORK PROPERLY!

I think I may have found a counter bug to the no base on the biomass.

make the clock stop when you get back after winning the mission?

what happens, is if you can tell the default military base you just won to be an anti-biomass base before the "base lost" messege comes through, then you get to keep that base. it's very odd but I've managed to win 1 or 2 bases like that. I forget now.. been playing too much..

but yeah.. someone fix it ;o PLZ

• 6 months later...

Haha yeah bases on bio mass suck! I knew about biomass and I still couldn't undersatnd why I was losing bases to biomass after I captured them.. I think its pretty cheap you can't take over a base in biomass...

I thought it was a bug at first, I think they should give you 24 hours after you take a base in bio mass to lose it.. that way you can change the base to "anti-biomass base"....

Haha yeah bases on bio mass suck! I knew about biomass and I still couldn't undersatnd why I was losing bases to biomass after I captured them.. I think its pretty cheap you can't take over a base in biomass...

I thought it was a bug at first, I think they should give you 24 hours after you take a base in bio mass to lose it.. that way you can change the base to "anti-biomass base"....

It's not cheap so much as sensible, I mean, the base has been infested with biomass. It's -everywhere- inside the base.

Not like there's much room to put anything.

I've never played a biomass base mission before either. What're they like?

All bases in biomass that I have seen were alien bases. So they are no different than the normal alien base missions, as you start on the UFO/base and have to reach the enterance.

With 1.3 patch captured bases in the biomass are by default set to repulsors (if you have the tech)

To me this looks like the patches aren't really getting installed.

Try different cheksum programs out there to get a CRC from the main executable. An MD5 checksum per example could be usefull and post it here. Of course, others should also send their checksums and don't forget to specify version and language.

Some few links from where to get these:

- https://www.slavasoft.com/fsum/

A command line one, you'll have to use it from a dos-box, if you're not familiar with it you should skip this one then.

- https://www.brandonstaggs.com/filecheckmd5.html

This one has a GUI but it performs a recursive filecheck by folders. In other words, you have to perform an MD5 of the entire UFO:AM home folder. Isn't that bad anyway, even with the large gamedata.vfs. It will write the MD5 of each file into a file called FCMD5-sums.MD5, look for the UFO.EXE close to the end of the file, since it seems to sort the list by alphabetical order

https://winmd5sum.solidblue.biz/

- Another GUI one, but this one does it by file rather than by folder.

The 2 first ones are tools and don't need installation, the last one does, but it's quick and simple.

Mine is:

- Spanish 1.3

- MD5 is BCD1A02AF1D8FB8430262ACF1252196D (with all 3 programs)