Interview with J.R. and X-Com interviews...

Slaughter

Interview with J.R.:

Pod have made a rather...unusual interview with ALTAR Interactive's Jiri Rydl, and posted it at the official Aftermath boards. It deals with ALTAR's history and many other things, and you can read it here. Well worth a look!

X-Com interviews:

Since I know there are many X-Com fans around, I thought I'd recommend some very interesting interviews. The Last Outpost have made several interviews with people of X-Com fame, and I urge you to read them. cyke is the man behind them, and these are especially interesting:

Andy Williams on TFTD and the canceled X-Com Alliance here.

Dave Ellis on the early days with Microprose and X-Com Interceptor here (part 1).

Dave Ellis on X-Com Interceptor and the canceled X-Com Genesis here (part 2).

Dave Ellis on the canceled X-Com Genesis here (part 3).

Bob Kathman on X-Com Enforcer and the canceled X-Com Alliance here.

So, what can I say. Read and weep! It is a tragedy that some of these games never saw the light of day, and let's hope for a brighter future for the X-Com franchise. Last, but not least, I would recommend that everyone that cares about X-Com visits our sister site X-Com.co.uk. It has lots of interesting information on the X-Com games, and a forum full of X-Com fans.

I like his choice of words though:

clutching my high hopes to my chest like a shoplifter with a frozen chicken up his shirt.
multiply it by the number of self-pleasures that Britney Spears causes in teenage boys yearly
There's as much intrigue as in an episode of Scooby-Doo

Kinda makes up for the bas review part ;)

cyke (small c people ;)) is very proud of posting his opinions on the games he reviews and I like The Last Outpost more than most other games review sites because of it. There's no sucky-sucky with the developers over there if he doesn't like something ;)

Did I mention I also did a lot of design work for that site too? Well I did now ;)