XCom 6 is recruiting

The Veteran

So we're pretty much ready with the tactical game then? Any programming been done on things like inventory and reloading etc? I have a new pc now with all XCom games up and running plus all my info on this new one. I'll try and get some sort of data together on what I need to do for the geoscapy part of the game! Speaking of which... Any takers on making a fully oriented 3D map of a prehistoric 'green' Mars?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Neo I'm not getting any emails through at the moment! My only working email is timmy_munt@yahoo.co.uk and as you can tell that's a backup backup account!

What news anyway? I have some if noone else does. We have a new recruit to make the Geoscape but first he needs the 2D texture. Now you'll be pleased to hear that I got bored waiting for you guys to give in and do it so I've started myself :)

It's looking pretty good at the moment if I do say so myself and I've already covered half of the coast, one of the lakes and an island. We're probably about 30% complete with that texture but theres a long way to go yet before we have the whole planet to oogle.

If someone lets me know where I can upload some pictures I can put up some shots of a Martian volcanic island, the Northern sea or the lake itself which is a fairly impressive feature.

It's coming on well so by the next time I'm online it'll be at least 50% complete. Hopefully that won't be too long but we'll soon see!

Be back soon!

More news in development. We now have a 50% complete Martian Geoscape. It's looking pretty awesome but there's no zoom function or North South scroll as of yet. Hell I'm no programmer!

Also I've been trying my hand at 3D modelling and I'm not as bad as I thought I would be :) I've got models for a new rocket launcher, minigun, shotgun, several ammo boxes and the UFO medium scout. I'll have some screenshots up soon but right now I don't have any 2D pics of them at all!

Eyes peeled though, there is life in the project yet :)

• 1 month later...

For anyone who's following this project I just uploaded some renders of weapons and various other things I've been doodling and a few shots of the Martian Geoscape I've been working on.

If you fancy take a look at the project's progress go to either one of our websites. Both of the addresses are in this topic somewhere posted by Bulma! Try about page 3 or 4 I think!

Or look right here...

Sites are:

https://www.projectcolonisation.tk

and

https://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/projectcolonisation

• 10 months later...
I was talking to Ivan (Bulma) about it yesterday actually and I haven't checked to see since then! Neither one of us have had the time to do anything for it in quite some time but hopefully its still alive somewhere. Unfortunately Ivan is our uber-dude for the programming and what not so very little can happen without him!

• 2 weeks later...

Madow, welcome to the boards. I will have a talk with Bulma to get the latest version and also discuss the current status of the project (Neorapsta might know something aswell). Actually, Bulma told me to check out the dotnet project page a couple days ago but I lost the link. I think their forums are used frequently.

But soon as I get the latest version of the game I'll notify the webmaster (Legenda`) of www.projectcolonisation.tk and get it sorted.

Sorry for the wait Madow.

~SG

I've been digging around and we have a few of the original cast back on scene. Paul and Ivan have already put in an appearance since I left a 'where the hell has everyone gone' style post in the .net forums and a few new guys have turned up as well.

I was talking to Calvannon, a new member a few days ago and he has some good ideas for the programming side of the game that he hopes will better it.

Seeing as everyone else seems to be alive again too, lets take it back to .net and bang out this project! Let's not let it die again!

• 2 months later...

Nice rez Jman, its time to remind people we're still here :P

If you read this and you're involved in this project then post to let us know your whereabouts. We really want this project up and running again and communication is a big problem at the moment! If you're not involved but want to be then just let us know!

Just so people have some kind of idea of progress if they do venture in here, this is a pic of the geoscape I've been working on. I have it as a program now so the globe spins in its axis but its only basic, nothing special!

https://images.faceparty.com/public/1538/images/muntyboy_19665425.jpg

Hey there! Heard you might need some more people. I'm pretty good with 2D art. I use Flash to improve on my pencil sketchings.

I don't know how good this piece of info is but, in September of 2006, I'm gonna be going to Uni to study on a Games Design course. So I might be able to help out in that respect. (But later of course)

Wow, three posts in one day! What's happened here?! Hey Zombie, cheers, I had quite a lot of fun turning Mars green again... I found THIS PICTURE for anyone who's interested in carrying on with the programming side of the Geoscape. It's a topographical map of Mars, quite similar to the one I used initially... It would make a nice candidate for putting a bump map together, give our Geoscape a texture when its all finally together. Need someone to program us a nice rotatable globe though with a little bit of zoom and some clouds and water effects. Anyone feeling up to it?!

Bulma, what needs doing programming wise at the moment? I stay out of that area because I suck at it! I do storyboarding and other simple things :P Can we sort out the new version download? I didn't realise there was anything wrong with it but to be honest we could probably host it here if we ask nicely :P

Alan, you are an answer to a much repeated prayer! We need 2D artists with a capital nee! I've certainly got use for someone who can draw for things like UFOpedia entries and the such. I've been working on alien lifeforms for a while and we could use someone to bring them to life (and cut them open on the operating table of course :P) so if you fancy some delegation just let me know what you fancy trying your hand at, weapons, aliens, equipment, loading screens, backgrounds, you name it. I'll give you something to try your hand at ;)

Also a shout out to any other budding 2D and 3D artists along with any more programmers to replace those less present than Ivan here. We need you!

Bulma, what needs doing programming wise at the moment? I stay out of that area because I suck at it! I do storyboarding and other simple things :P Can we sort out the new version download? I didn't realise there was anything wrong with it but to be honest we could probably host it here if we ask nicely :P

Well, we need rotating globe with zoom :P

I`ll prepare version for download...

To be honest though, look how much has gone on in here just in a day or so... Name one person who frequents our personal site! I think we need to establish a footlhold before we start using the tk site... Get some good 3D graphics we can show off, nice lumps of formatted story line, some UFOpedia pics and blurbs, alien concept art, etc... For now I think we need to keep it in here and the official workspace... We still need more project members to make this project a success, so we are still very much looking to hire budding artists, developers and programmers. Once we're running at a decent speed, progressing well, then we can move to some less public domains, but right now we need the publicity that strategycore can give us!