XCom 6 is recruiting

The Veteran

ROLL CALL!!!!!!

Hey there, I know its been a LONG time since anyone has actually updated the Colonisation section of the forum and I know we were suppose to have done a lot of work. But its been nearly a year (or over a year in most cases) since the threads in our section were updated. So I want everyone to let me know what they've been up to and anything project wise that they have created.

To let everyone know what I'm currently doing. I'm in the 2nd year of University and its really busy. But I'm getting some good experience with 3D Studio Max 9, a good 3D model creation tool. As well as tuning my usual drawing and Flash skills. Not to mention I've been having experience with Hammer, a level creation program with Source SDK used to make Half-Life 2 levels.

So lets make some noise and get Colonisation back ONLINE!!! ASAP!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I am again updating what will quickly become the most important topic here on StrategyCore!

With the team now back on track we've been really working hard to complete some essential yet rather boring paperwork and documentation to allow the project to move forward and do so smoothly. Over the last fortnight however we've had a very unfortunate development which saw our Lead Developer leave us. I must stress however that it is not unfortunate for him as he has left us to begin a new job with better pay! It also has a pretty mean commute though so on top of his 16 hour day he has reluctantly taken a back seat for the time being.

This leaves our development team in quite a bind and of course no amount of designers can create a game on their own no matter how comitted they are, unless of course we happen to be talking d20 which I can clear up right now we are not...

And so in our current situation we have a team of designers who are even now continuing to do their thing, a number of artists both 2D and 3D and a sound crew who are eagerly waiting to be called in from the wings. Our development team however is practically non-existant and based on the absense of our lead and the code we were programming in being very much his forte I'm hoping now to create a new team before selecting a more commonly used language and starting from a free engine with accesible libraries to give our team an easier job this time round.

Ultimately we're looking for as many good men as we can find but a team of only 4 committed developers will be enough to get the actual programming back on track. I'm posting his here as one of several calls for help but there really can never be too many developers for the amount of work we have in front of us.

So please if you have any sort of coding experience, no matter how much or how little, send me an email or a pm or knock on my door, I'll be here waiting and there's not much else I can do but wait until I have this team back together!

This is about creating the next chapter and it won't write itself so please join the team and make it happen!