UFO Fanfiction Discussion

Carlos the Jackal

one rec room scene coming up :D

Anyone else who wants to write, please don't start on the next day until there's at least one rec room post. I'd like to have more than just mine actually because this is an ideal chance for some characters who won't be in the same squad to interact.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just here on my sister's iMac in Vancouver for a minute.

Thanks for the character development - my writing's looking too tech-oriented by comparison.

Regarding things for people to write about, I had expected a few lectures in the afternoon, introducing equipment and useful tactics, refer my previous post. I was hoping this would happen before we all hit the rec-room (as per commander's briefing), but these could be done the next day, followed by exercises on mock buildings. Eg paintball.

On New Year's Eve the commander might comment to his staff that the base is now online, but it might not be a general announcement.

First UFO spotted quite early the next year - time collapsing if necessary - but I pictured the jets have to work out their intercept tactics yet and this one gets away. Dissappointment all around. Next one shot down over land and minimal recovery/opposition mission required. Sound good?

Happy new year

JFG

The only thing we're researching successfully is the tanks though. And they have GOT to be finished by the time we enter game time. The laser research is all going horribly wrong though so that's ok really. Besides research doesn't always just start develop and finish. It often goes terribly terribly wrong... A#Like the laser research probably will do!

Oh, I don't think so really.....science is less "eureka" and more "hmmm....that's funny...."

I'm not sure we're ready for such obvious references to psionics as what we saw just now, though. If not, I'm sure we'll hear from TJ. :D I love the way everybody tied into the rec room scene though, getting it from different points of view. It makes it seem more real.

Cummon.... somebody post already! I have an Idea for my next post, but I sorta made it a rule for myself that I won't post two times in a row.

Oh, and if Snikers is allowed to put in that little bit of psionics in, can I edit my last post so Dana somehow almost thinks that she could feel the tension between the two? If that's okay, right?

First we'll have to see if I get yelled at. :D That seems pretty stupid in retrosepct anyway. I'm taking it out.

Edit: Especially since, when I meant to write that Poison looked into Keller's eyes, I wrote that the former looked into the latter's *mind*...that was a major messup... ;)

well, dearie, I'll get to it when I can, but I have to leave again in a few minutes....we do try not to have two posts in a row by the same person (one of TJ's rules and a pretty good one)

I will try to post something tonight when I'm up till the wee hours. (No sense pretending I won't be.) :D

I'm thinking a scene between Poison and Tammy back in their quarters is about due.

I really don't see a problem... Where was the psionics reference?

And the motion tracker is a good thing. Just have it put on the short list with the med kit and laser weapons. So long as the tanks are up and running and the laser concept is figured out by January 1st we'll be fine.

TJ, I love you dearly, but you are a male chauvenist pig. Let me win indeed! :hmmm: I suppose it's unthinkable that a woman could actually be better than a man at anything. I'm not sure where I want to go with this now. I guess we can discuss it later. For now, I will be busy doing my nails or my hair or some other suitable female activity.

Having read that post again, I have a few more things to say on the subject. We discussed this in advance as a way for Tammy and Rick to develop some mutual respect. You deliberately undercut that, and I don't appreciate it. If you would like to continue the fic without me, that will be fine, but I won't participate in such macho nonsense. When you come out of that drunken stupor you are no doubt in right now, you can give it some thought.

Okay okay Tammy! You've blown off enough steam at him, I'm sure that he got the point (at least I hope so :hmmm: )! Perhaps it would at least lift your spirits a bit if I told you that I would like to join in the writing. I've been observing some of the threads and it would quite possibly improve my writing skills a bit too. :D

So what I basically have to do is create my character and bring him to the boil in a believable way? Can do! As soon as I read the fics I shall initiate.

Gotta hand it to you, Tammy...that little post in the 'fic was pretty damn good if I may say so myself...my first

thoughts were "Oh, Poison changed her name. Guess Tammy had quite an effect on her."

Then, "Hairdresser?"

Then, "Wait, I bet it's a dream sequence"

Then I suffered a heart attack and stroke.

Then I read your notes.

Oh, and TJ...were you actually thinking in that frame of mind?

We discussed this in advance as a way for Tammy and Rick to develop some mutual respect.  You deliberately undercut that, and I don't appreciate it.

Sorry it struck you that way Tammy but I assure you that wasn't the way it was intended... Firstly it's Rick that's the chauvanist one. Maybe he let you win maybe not. That's his character! He could have been blatantly lying but he knows that himself so it doesn't make him feel bad. If he is lying then the furthest it would go is to Trigger. He wouldn't lie to you or any oher women, or men at the base about it because he's not that kind of guy. He was probably just trying to make trigger feel bad about the money and the game he lost :D

As for the respect thing. There is something developing, but Rick unlike many others in the base IS a soldier... It'll take more than a frame of pool and a good eye in the shooting range to change his mind on Tammy... We can quite easily add a few scenes with him 'looking over at her ponderously' can't we! He does have respect though... I guess you could say she's growing on him... But we can talk about edits when I speak to you. When Tammy and Rick next speak you can maybe bring up the fact that he told Trigger such and such... 'The two soldiers laughed' hahaha...

But currently I am in a drunken stupour... Which Alan is helping me out of... It's a goddam huge one though so we may be here a while... When you see me on messenger drop me a line.