Mission De-Briefs

DragonHawk

I would propose that after each mission, a person involved write a small de-brief as to what happened. For sessions where we switch into multiple teams, it would be nice for each team to write a de-brief.

This has a couple of advantages:

1. The most obvious is that when people miss missions, then they can keep informed.

2. This takes the pressure off of Mouse to write an official de-brief in the Roleplay thread. While it would be nice, really and truly, he's got enough work to do guiding the sim (he doesn't like people helping him there :blink: ).

3. I would like to see how some of you guys write. There have been a few stories, and they've been good, but a bit more participation out-of-sim is what I'm aiming for.

Obviously, this is entirely voluntary. Is there any interest in doing this sort of thing?

I've been volunteering... Ive been on the roleplay forum a lot (Though i plead guilty to having mouse do the debriefing scene), and i just finished the ufopedia entries for the electrical weaponry, Patton shields level 2, the Kabron avenger, the NAO med-bay (i mentioned somewhere else that entry was missing), and wrote an entire story, with a mission to go with it(whether mouse goes with it or not, i cannot say yet)!

Hey mouse, how about making this topic a pinned (Argh i hate having to have him do this, but hes the only one who can)?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the main reason that we don't get enough volunteers around here is because some people apparently think these forums dont exist. I alone make up half of the roleplay posts! If we reminded everyone it exists before/after the sims, we might get more activity around here. How about advertising the forums on the main page?

Actually it would seem that lately me and Howardson have been replying to each other in the roleplay and social roleplay forums. Apart from these replies I hope that I'll be able to update our sweet UFOpaedia weekly with some pictures, since I remember that when I joined in, the UFOpaedia was just analytical (hope that's the right term) with nothing to actually make it a bit more attractive as well. I can also write a story if neccesary, but I don't really feel like pumping them out on a regular basis (i.e. a story after every week or so), since I wouldn't want to write a story just so that the Stories section looks full.

As far as debriefs are considered I'm all for it! The logs section would have pretty much fixed this problem but there are two problems:

1.) The log would contain only the #XCAS site

2.) The logs would most likely be posted on the site only at weekends (since Mouse updates at that time)

The way I see it, the best solution would be to have a debriefing post in the forum, where a certain person (could be me :) ) would recap the events that happened during a sim with the help of his own log and also the log from a certain simmer that remembered to log the other #XCAS site. Using those logs he would then write a summation in the form of an objective report right after each sim, for instance:

After procceding through the door, the team split up in order to search the UFO as quickly as possible. A team took the left corridor and B team took the right one. Soon after A team encountered some resistance in the form of Sectoids but managed to quickly dispatch them whilst at the same time B team........ ect.

In short: the person that wrote it would have to keep as objective as possible and present only the facts and nothing else.

And as far as advertising is considered we really can't do that much except remind people of the forums. Other than of course ask Skonar to do one of his impressive advertising commercials at sim time.

:blink:

lol! :blink:

Thanks for the replies guys. The only problem I have with the logs is... let's face it, it's boring to read. I'd rather have a quick, one page, military de-brief as opposed to uber-number-of-pages of IRC chat.

As you guys are saying, your posts are fairly substantial numbers-wise, and your contribution is fairly heavy. I'm not looking at adding more to your work, I just want to spread the wealth, as it were. :)

There was a sim today. As I explained I would be kinda last minute thanks to coursework. However, in the end, due to a combination of not enough people, and the fact that Word went awry on me when I needed it the most for schoowork resulted in no sim. So grrr to all of you who didn't attend :hmmm: :blink:

Well since I was most likely the only one with an excuse I'm the only one who can afford to do this:

Grrr back to you too Mouse

:blink:

But a real grrr to all that could have showed up. It doesn't hurt if you at the very least check from time to time in this sort of situation.