what would it be like?

Saber123

i was wondering what would it be like to live in a world like this? to walk around some area and out of the blue aliens come by in ships and start shooting up the place and a building explodes under there heavy fire were you lived and then this all powerful force of human technology destroys them while you what as the ufo falls to the ground and the doors open up and you are shot at then you pull out a pistol and blast those mutha f**kers back to where they came from :power:

Ya, I would prefer to be there in 1999 then 2080 or what ever the year is. I would probably find it very annoying. "oh crap here comes the aliens, and where there's aliens there's Xcom soilders. And where there's Xcom men there's going to be billions of dollars in damages"

Depends really on how you look at the future in Apocalypse. A bleak horrible place, or a futuristic environment with nifty gadgets that are far too stylised for my liking, oh and chrome. Lots of chrome. Actually, it wouldn't be so bad. You'd already be jaded by the constant alien incursions that its pretty much become an every day thing. I mean, in Apocalypse, the people are already living side by side with earth engineered sectoids. What's yet another alien invasion going to matter?

But that incessant 24 hour lighting would drive me crazy.

- NKF

Just think about it, what if you're just wandering about your house minding your own business when suddenly you discover a Multiworm in your basement one day. Nay my friend, I find it cliched that humanity can survive IN the game. :hmmm:

But there ARE those handy Psiclones... :devil:

• 2 weeks later...
It would be fun! I can just imagine go shopping or looking from my balcony to a full squad of X-COM soldiers kicking aliens around. Meanwhile I'd be hooked into Sensovision devices all day long and even in my sleep, make a 'dangerous' run to one of the slums to get some Psiclone being sold while trying not to be get into a confrontation between the gangs, watch some Gravball League games from a crammed seat, have to put up with your girlfriend's desires to go to the procreation park to convince you to have kids, complain about the noise being made by Transtellar's ships as they run over my high-rise apartment, buy the latest civilian hoverbike and illegaly upgrade it to a full military engine and outrun the police hovercars, throw rocks at the dimension gates just to see what happened...well I think you get the point :power:

Heh, I keep imagining the X-Com vs. alien fights in Megaprimus to be along the same lines as the old Real Ghostbusters cartoons. They just come charging into a workplace, blow the place to smithereens for a very minor ghost, and then leave while the manager and employees look very perplexed. :power:

Just another everyday happening in the life of the mega city.

- NKF

• 3 months later...

I asked this question in another forum (creepy!)

I decided I'd either want to work for Sensovision or... get this... as the guy who has to sit in the computer controlled delivery truck because of 'personal interaction laws' or whatever. I mean, imagine the computers in the future! You don't have to drive, you could hook up to the internet and play on the truck's computer all day, whatever games were hot at the moment (Duke Nukem Forever probably comes out in 1st quarter 2084 :power: )

The question I had was this, and I did mean it in the most sickening, fanboyish, fap-fap-fappin' over Infested Kerrigan way: would you date a Hybrid? Granted most of you would want one with hair, but imagine the (sexual) possiblities of psi! Sure, you'd be ostracized by some but who cares, no-one else's bird would have big, black eyes!

My concern was: are there beer and ciggies in the future?

Alcohol is like a firearm... Alone it's harmless. It's the things people do with it that ruins lives...

But back to topic :power: The best time to be in the XCom timeline would be about 2020 when you could kind of tell XCom "Hey you know you were about to close down all your bases? You might want to take a look in the Mexican gulf first... Oh and the twelve places I've marked on this map might be interesting too..."

That way XCom could kind of reverse engineer T'Leth while the aliens are still sleeping... Switch them off before the beam even hits!

Hey imagine if mars and Earth had been on opposite sides of the world when the Cydonia mission was done... The beam would never reach earth and the second alien war would never happen :D That means that when the dimension aliens appeared the entire world's military would be waiting for them! :laugh:

Hmm, it would be interesting to be in 2020 in the X-Com universe indeed heh.

That turbulent era (from AW-I to AW-II) I imagine is where there would be quite a lot of strife between Earth countries, not to mention the Jihad between the Inquisitors and Cult of Sirius. So that era would be great to be told by most likely ex-X-Com soldiers who are either inquisitors or decided to be in the regular military. Some interesting thought for writing fics about that. :power:

Also very much interesting would be to write about the era between AW-III and AW-IV since it's not really been mentioned that much, whilst I personnaly believe that the expansion of Earth's population into the Frontier would've made for some awsome storytelling. It'd be like "What if X-Com now went more into exploration and not against the familiar Aliens again, but against other alien species who are quite tough planetwise but ultimately don't have a chance at fighting X-Com in space." That'd be terrific for changing the roles, so that the Humans would actually be the invaders, not thinking of the aliens they encounter as sentient but then discovering that they actually WERE. And also keeping the companies, as it had happened on Mars, from fighting each other far away from Earth's influence.

Those two eras I really feel could be written about some more since it'd fill in quite some of the "gaps" that I'm feeling in the timeline. In fact.....might decided to write them myself! ::starts thinking through some possibilities:: :laugh:

I think natural birth's dangerous in 2084 because of the pollution (from Tle'th).

Oh and i think that guy from the intro,he's probably trying to play Apocalypse

Collector's Ed on "Curtains 84" using the "WinBOX" shell.

(That's what my signature's for BTW).

-END-