New S^3 Mod "All Uniforms" in development (feedback is welcome)

BlunterII

Yes, the Soviets had explosive ammo, the 7,62x45R ammo had a wide varieties of bullets for it. What are you looking for is the B-30 Armor Piercing, B-32 Armor Piercing/Incendiary and the PZ Incendiary Bullet, the last one is also often called a explosive rounds. The PZ round is similar to the B patrone and was actually meant as a artillery spotter round and was actually banned for use against human targets. The funny thing is that the Soviets used the PZ round against the Germans with the Wehrmacht actually reporting this use of PZ rounds as Geneva convention violations and used it for propaganda purposes, all the while using the B patrone against the Soviets, not to mention the whole Komissarbedehl and all the other stuff the Germans did we are all aware of.

Also forgot to add: similar ammo also exists for the smaller 7,62x39mm, they have both AP and a PZ round.

Interesting. Thanks for the info, Lt.

I found a couple of nice sites for reference as well (like this one, for example). I'll probably start working on them tomorrow (Not sure how to imitate the incendiary effect and damage since there is no "fire damage" in the game. It would be interesting to add a new critical "Burning" with some corresponding effect, but I am afraid those are hard-coded sad.png ). If everything else fails I'll do the B-30 and maybe the PZ rounds (for Mosin, AVS, SVT, DP and SHKAS).

This is a follow-up on Ecthel's idea of the "Penetrator" rifle using the model of 'Sea Devil'.

Penetrator is a heavy anti-materiel rifle (anti-tank, anti-PK) with a devastating attack, high AP costs for shooting and reloading and a very long range . Its only available mode is 'snipe'. Its ammo is PZB-41 powerful (2.8cm) rounds. It boasts high penetration values (due to very high initial muzzle velocity and heavy bullets).

Take a look:

Weapons_Penetrator_1.png

[Edit] The TH officer covered in smoke used to be wearing one of those exploding TH PKs. It took one shot to destroy his 'armored suit'.

PZB-41 rounds are not immune to Ricochet effect though - which adds some sort of 'luck' element to the action, I guess.

So, what do you think?

If you think something is too much or too little, let me know I'll consider changing it.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I think a 12-round magazine might be a bit too much, even with the high AP cost. I'm thinking 1 or 2 shots at most, since the bullets are definitely bigger than the original Sea Devil rounds.

I'd also like to suggest an alternative round: the 20x105mmB used in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solothurn_S-18/100, a Swiss anti-tank rifle/cannon. The Sea Devil can only be found in Switzerland (in S2), so...

I think a 12-round magazine might be a bit too much, even with the high AP cost. I'm thinking 1 or 2 shots at most, since the bullets are definitely bigger than the original Sea Devil rounds.

I'd also like to suggest an alternative round: the 20x105mmB used in the https://en.wikipedia....othurn_S-18/100, a Swiss anti-tank rifle/cannon. The Sea Devil can only be found in Switzerland (in S2), so...

I'll see if I can create a new smaller clip with that ammunition. Thanks, Ecthel.

grin.gif Maybe Unique TT pistol with name Ivan the Terrible

About that scout masks(Toki,Gunar,Zail) still had if change to diffrent one uniform(Without your uniform mod)

I don't know who and why turned Ivan the 'Grozny' into the 'Terrible'. The latter carries a very negative image. And they have completely different meanings as well. Perhaps, it was the same guy who missed an 's' in the 're---public' and invented a new word... Creepy...

As for the masks: that's why you need my mod. So that you can see their 'beautiful' faces. smile.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

What's everyone's thoughts about the eyewear of the Axis soldier class mercs like Mike and Fritz? Personally, I never liked the eyewear for the Axis soldier recruits ever since playing the original S2. Plus, in the mod, if you get one of them to wear a uniform with a gas mask, they have their eyewear plus the gas mask, which looks odd. I personally like seeing the faces of the mercs. I always think of them as blind soldiers wearing those thick black goggles, especially with LA. Maybe remove the eyewear from the Axis soldier mercs and LA?

What's everyone's thoughts about the eyewear of the Axis soldier class mercs like Mike and Fritz? Personally, I never liked the eyewear for the Axis soldier recruits ever since playing the original S2. Plus, in the mod, if you get one of them to wear a uniform with a gas mask, they have their eyewear plus the gas mask, which looks odd. I personally like seeing the faces of the mercs. I always think of them as blind soldiers wearing those thick black goggles, especially with LA. Maybe remove the eyewear from the Axis soldier mercs and LA?

I could remove the glasses, firebolt5.

I don't think I can make both the helmet and the glasses to be part of their respective uniforms (only one headgear item per uniform is possible, AFAIK).

Concerning L.A., it is possible to attach the 'Basilio' glasses (an in-editor reference to the movie 'Buratino' - Russian interpretation of the 'Pinocchio' tale) to her uniform. She is rather plain looking without them though (actually, she was one of the main reasons why I proposed implementing make-up earlier in the thread)...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Ok, I changed "Penetrator" ammo:

Weapons_Penetrator_2.png

How is it now?

No glasses for German Soldier Class:

Characters_NoGlasses1.png

Remember their faces? No? I thought so. :)

Is that what you had in mind, firebolt5?

I've got a bunch more:

- 7.62x54Rmm B-32 API done (with fire, smoke, etc.). Decided to combine AP and HE (well, Incendiary...)

- A couple of unique weapons...

I'll post more tomorrow. Time to go 'night, night...'

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. They look better without the glasses.

Also, regarding the Penetrator, how does the "handling" stat work? I'd imagine handling a large and cumbersome weapon would be hard.

I agree it should be something other than "easy". Well, it is somehow connected to the 'Weapon Type', because that's where the 'handlingEasyRange' and 'handlingMediumRange' values are located. I tried to change the values - no difference... (out of ideas for now). It would be great to know whether this 'handling' has any effect on the gameplay. So far I haven't figured it out. I'll need to experiment with it some more.

Ok, the 7.62 x 54R mm API rounds are ready. I tested them - they work.

Here are all the affected weapons with all the applicable clips and magazines:

Weapons_Soviet_API_0.png

7.62x54Rmm is a good round from the start. Testing the vanilla version convinced me not to increase its potency too much. So the changes are incremental (with a few exceptions).

With the low-med HE grenade attached to the regular bullet it performs extremely well.

After looking through various bullet types (B-30 AP, PZ I, B-32 API) I decided to create an API bullet (Armor Piercing Incendiary) similar to B-32.

- Increasing the bullet weight in the database - proportionally increased its penetrating ability

- Leaving the bullet physical characteristics alone (i.e. not changing it to a TG-ray like projectile) made it retain the "Ricochet" probability (instead of ignoring it)

- Attaching the small Concussion blast - guarantees dealing some damage on impact (regardless of ricochet)

- Adding a brief burning effect (visual only at this point) sort of explains the "pain and suffering" the bad guys are going through.

Weapons_Soviet_API_1.png

High penetrating ability of the 7.62x54Rmm in-game round, decent range of the Soviet weapons in the game (except ShKAS) and relatively high initial muzzle velocity - make using them fun.

Weapons_Soviet_API_2.png

The next one was DP:

Weapons_Soviet_API_3.png

Its short range (39) reduces this weapon's usefulness somewhat. But if one manages to get close enough...well, you know the rest...

After loading API rounds:

Weapons_Soviet_API_4.png

No comment smile.png

Weapons_Soviet_API_5.png

The inherent abilities of 7.62x54Rmmm + AP + HE = Trouble!

And the incendiary effect is pleasant to observe (even though it is short)

Now, Shkas was rather disappointing (mostly because of its very short range (26)). It's clip, on the other hand, is legendary - 250 bullets??? Wow!

Weapons_Soviet_API_6.png

Armor Piercing Incendiary rounds correct that poor state of affairs a little:

Weapons_Soviet_API_7.png

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

While working on API rounds I thought I'd make a couple of unique weapons.

Weapons_Soviet_API_8.png

I removed the translation (Victory) from the weapon description. If anyone has better name ideas for the weapons I make - shoot, I'll consider renaming it. The same concerns - design, engravings, etc. Just keep in mind the textures are very small (256 x 64 pixels) and won't fit a lot of new content...

For some reason I was thinking about Cossacks yesterday (while trying to work on my vibrating computer - we had a small earthquake here in Cal) and decided to make a Cossack Carbine...

Weapons_Soviet_API_9.png

"3ACTABA" means ~ 'outpost' in Russian. Pronounced: Zah-stah'-Vah ( ' - stressed syllable, the second one in this case)

This carbine features cheap 'SNAP' shot and improved range.

During my testing I was satisfied with the new API round performance. The objective I set for myself was to add a little kick and fireworks to the vanilla 7.62x54Rmm round. I believe I accomplished that goal.

What do you think?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I am thinking about making some armor-piercing, explosive or incendiary versions for the .303 British round.

Do you guys know if there were any ammo types that combined those effects. I found this page that seems to cover most of the .303 rounds (the UK versions are at the bottom there). There are no combinations though.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't 'ball' refer to any regular bullet used by the military. If so I'll just skip it since we already have regular rounds.

BTW, what is surplus ammo? Does it mean poor quality or no special effects or properties or just regular ammo? I am a bit confused about that...

I could make the .303 Armor Piercing W Mark1 (more likely the 1Z version since it has that easy to identify green tip)

I couldn't find any info about .303 explosive rounds. Were there any during that time period?

What was the difference between Incendiary B Mark (Smoke) and the ones without 'smoke'?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The tracer ones would be interesting to make... hmm... Don't know if I need to light up the trail or just create a small explosion with light effect attached to the place of impact... Lighting up the whole trail as the bullet is moving would be very hard if not impossible.

Any thoughts?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

.303 British Armor Piercing W Mk 1Z rounds are ready.

Most of the weapons that use them are 'entry level' ones (except for custom ones and Bren LMG, maybe), that's why the increases are not as significant as they could be (too keep it where it is...)

Here are the weapons affected by the changes and their clips (Regular and Armor Piercing):

Weapons_UK_303_AP_0.png

Lee-Enfield is the first rifle you get in the game ('Piggy' is found in the 'Meeting Boris' zone in the basement, behind a locked door). It's a very good starting rifle, in my opinion. And it's scoped too.

Weapons_UK_303_AP_1.png

Loading AP rounds turns 'Piggy' into a 'meanie' smile.png

Weapons_UK_303_AP_2.png

Bren is a nice middle of the road LMG.

Weapons_UK_303_AP_3.png

It does need that extra kick the AP rounds provide:

Weapons_UK_303_AP_4.png

And Mr. Lewis, hmm...

Weapons_UK_303_AP_5.png

...it needed help, evidently.

Weapons_UK_303_AP_6.png

'Who dares and uses AP rounds - wins!' - states official S.A.S. motto.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Weapons_UK_303_AP_7.png

Hmm... what's next?

Incendiary rounds with blue markings? We'll see...

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

"Ball" ammo is basically your standard type of ammo in the military, its a leftover term from the days of the muzzle loaders that where loaded with round bullets, called "Balle" in French, it was the standard type of round at the time (There was also shot and shell etc.). So a "Ball" ammo is basically your normal military FMJ bullet that has no other properties or specialties

Surplus ammo is mass produced ammo that often has lower or varying degrees of quality but can be bought mostly very cheap because its often left over ammo. Higher Quality ammo is often called "Match" for its higher quality and precision.

Well, I would say the difference between the bullet that creates smoke and the one that has no smoke is simply that one of them produces smoke and the other doesnt? Yeah its basically that, one creates a birght flash AND smoke, the other just makes a flash and thats it.

I dont think there where any real explosive ammo for the .303. As stated, the Russian PZ and the German B Patrone are incendiary rounds, they are just called explosive rounds because of the phosphor/thermite filling ignites on impact, creating what looks like an explosion. Its not an explosion in the classical sense.

Also, the normal bullets in the game already have tracers, you can see them when fired, so I assume that all weapons ingame already use tracer ammo.

I'm only using the All Uniforms mod and I think I found another bug with the mod regarding the first set of missions. So I failed the Scientist mission, but successfully completed Snitch and Prototype Missile missions. Then I went back to base and picked Peenemunde Archives. The mission starts, but when I try to enter the mines, the game crashes, "sentinels.exe has stopped working." I tried lowering my video settings, decreasing the amount of mercs to send to the mission, etc, but nothing worked.

Then I decided to start a new vanilla game with no mods at all. I got to the first set of missions and picked Peenemunde Archives as my first mission. The mission starts and I was able to enter the mines with no problems.

Maybe if someone else wants to recreate the bug by failiing the Scientist, but completeing Snitch and Prototype Missile and then trying Peenemunde Archives we can confirm if this is a bug with the mod. Or if someone wants to go straight to the Peenemunde Archives with the mod on and see what happens.

Lt.,

Thank you for the explanation.

I am going to skip the .303 incendiary for now (there are too few weapons using that round anyway) and proceed with the 7.62x39mm API (BZ). Actually I am almost done with that.

Firebolt5,

Thanks for reporting this problem. I successfully recreated the crash and am working on resolving it right now... I'll update when done.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I also just remembered I had earlier saves on my profile. I loaded a save after the failed Scientist mission, then I chose the Archives, but it still crashed when trying to enter the mines.

Thank you,

There is something in the 'Upper Mines' interfering with v 2.1 content (v 2.0 doesn't crash that mission).

Still working on it.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Hmm, the Godfather, Corrupt Official, and Pen missions all crash to desktop when starting them. Border seems fine though.

I reproduced them all, firebolt5, and isolated the cause. Whenever there is a chest with vanilla (Nival's) JHP ammo (Tokarev clips in the cases you encountered) - there is a crash. Removing those clips fixes the crash.

I am in the process of resolving this situation. I don't want to remove them - I would like to fix them.

(I assume v 2.1 is the version you are using, correct?)

[Edit] Ok, I examined the "ClipsToAmmos" DB table and discovered that the vanilla build didn't have JHP clips attached to JHP ammo (something that needs to be done for the alternative ammo type from the same ammo group to function properly). I suspect it wasn't done for some other JHP rounds as well. It'll take me some time to correct it in order to make JHP rounds fully functional and not to crash the game.

Thank you, firebolt5, for spotting this.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I wonder if the lack of JHP mags in the second mission is related, normally some of the attacking goons carry one.

Sorry for not keeping up with the testing, by the way, been occupied with several other things. Got a bit of feedback and some questions:

1) "Piggy" comes with way too many spare clips for a sniper rifle with a high AP cost to fire, IMO. Perhaps transfer some to the second mission? There's a hostile sniper with a Lee-Enfield there, but with no spare ammo.

2) Are the binoculars in the first mission supposed to be under the table instead of on top of it?

3) Is the key used to unlock the storage room in the first mission used for anything else?

I reproduced them all, firebolt5, and isolated the cause. Whenever there is a chest with vanilla (Nival's) JHP ammo (Tokarev clips in the cases you encountered) - there is a crash. Removing those clips fixes the crash.

I am in the process of resolving this situation. I don't want to remove them - I would like to fix them.

(I assume v 2.1 is the version you are using, correct?)

[Edit] Ok, I examined the "ClipsToAmmos" DB table and discovered that the vanilla build didn't have JHP clips attached to JHP ammo (something that needs to be done for the alternative ammo type from the same ammo group to function properly). I suspect it wasn't done for some other JHP rounds as well. It'll take me some time to correct it in order to make JHP rounds fully functional and not to crash the game.

Thank you, firebolt5, for spotting this.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

No problem. Good to hear you've found the problems. Also, yes, I was using v2.1.

I wonder if the lack of JHP mags in the second mission is related, normally some of the attacking goons carry one.

Sorry for not keeping up with the testing, by the way, been occupied with several other things. Got a bit of feedback and some questions:

1) "Piggy" comes with way too many spare clips for a sniper rifle with a high AP cost to fire, IMO. Perhaps transfer some to the second mission? There's a hostile sniper with a Lee-Enfield there, but with no spare ammo.

2) Are the binoculars in the first mission supposed to be under the table instead of on top of it?

3) Is the key used to unlock the storage room in the first mission used for anything else?

- I'll tranfer some Enfield clips to the 2nd mission then.

- Since the binocular model was originally created to be just a uniform accessory it doesn't have the same properties as the rest of the RPG items (I think it's called AI spheres, not sure though) that were supposed to be picked up and used. That might be why it is hard to place it on surfaces and expect it to stay there. One can't even pick it up without pressing Alt...

- I used that key to test how the keys work smile.png (apparently they do)

...and no, that key is not used anywhere else. (I could make it useful elsewhere. Ideas???)

[Edit] Yes. The lack of JHP magazines is directly related to the problem at hand...

No problem. Good to hear you've found the problems. Also, yes, I was using v2.1.

Yeah, I believe it is related to the "ammo fixes" somehow (possibly, the .38 speedloader JHP clip that I made following the mod's ReadMe outline).

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

Just another note: All the new clips I created function properly in the game.

The problem is only with some of the original ones :)

One more thing I discovered is that there are 2 more weapons using 7.92mm Mauser: Carcano M38 and MG81Z. Evidently, FG42 was not the only one I missed.

I guess I'll create PZ and B-Patrone rounds for them too.

Silly...and somewhat embarrassing.

(to be continued)

~Blunter~

I think I found a bug regarding critical hits. It seems if you save during a game and then load the saved game again, it seems as if critical hits/status effects are not stated if you inflict one against an enemy. It also seems like enemies can't inflict critical hits upon your team either. The only way to fix it is to quit the game and then load the save again.

I think I found a bug regarding critical hits. It seems if you save during a game and then load the saved game again, it seems as if critical hits/status effects are not stated if you inflict one against an enemy. It also seems like enemies can't inflict critical hits upon your team either. The only way to fix it is to quit the game and then load the save again.

Do you think it is related to the mod, firebolt5?

(to be continued)

~Blunter~