Rumour

Sheer laziness - they don't want to bother rendering the ultra-cool disembodied floating hand-with-big-gun. wink.png

Hopefully they give you a 1st person view, scope or over-the-shoulder views for precision attacks.

- NKF

im not sold on this. feels like a lame attempt to cash in on the real xcoms popularity....

Essentially I agree with you, though X-COM has been almost everything since its beginning. If a game is done right, it can add to the popularity, no matter what genre it is. Naturally, TBS is what I love most seeing X-COM as.Hmmm, I wonder if this last sentence was grammatically correct.

X-Com ala Mafioso gangsters. I like it.

I don't see why not, as it is the beginnings of X-COM. Same franchise, same aliens.

I seem recall it was part of 2k Marin's philosophy early on that they were quite adamant on not using the same aliens that we've come to know and love to hate, and instead go for whole new aliens.

Personally, I feel that you can have all the fancy new Starcrafty aliens you want, but you've got to have the one connecting element, even if only in narrative. The Sectoids.

- NKF