#41 michal

michal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hello,

Demo version will be released this sunday.

#42 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Nice! I'll post it in the news come Sunday. Give me a heads up should I forget :)

#43 Azrael Strife

Azrael Strife

Captain

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

Don't forget the screenies! :)
Posted Image

#44 Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:09 AM

Phenomenal, I'll just HAVE to dedicate some time to playing this!

#45 ufonef

ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

Demo/beta is up.
http://ufotts.ninex.info/

#46 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

I'll be posting a news article shortly :)
I want to see the inside of the UFO in my avatar.

#47 Guest_Tom_*

Guest_Tom_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

It's really sad that all the good work that is done on UFO:tts is not planned to be released as Open Source. That has been the greatest problem of the X-COM community : each new project has been closed source and each time everyone had to reinvent the wheel  :cool:   (and it will be the same for future project)

I would really like to see the UFO:tts team release the code under an Open Source licence and, particularly, the graphics (under a CC licence for example) as they are beautiful and could be used by either openxcom or ufo2000 (imagine ufo2000 with these graphics : multiplayer right now with lots of screen estate until your own implementation is ready). And all your work would not be lost should the project stops (I'm really not hopping that  ^^ ).

So please, consider this inside the team !

Whatever, thanks for the good work !

#48 michal

michal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

It's been so much time since public beta (0.90) was released. Current version is 0.93. Sadly, strategycore didn't post not even one news about releases.

If you are interested, head to project main site:
http://ufotts.ninex.info/

#49 Azrael Strife

Azrael Strife

Captain

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:34 AM

View PostTom, on 28th May 2010, 12:11pm, said:

It's really sad that all the good work that is done on UFO:tts is not planned to be released as Open Source. That has been the greatest problem of the X-COM community : each new project has been closed source and each time everyone had to reinvent the wheel  :oh:   (and it will be the same for future project)

I would really like to see the UFO:tts team release the code under an Open Source licence and, particularly, the graphics (under a CC licence for example) as they are beautiful and could be used by either openxcom or ufo2000 (imagine ufo2000 with these graphics : multiplayer right now with lots of screen estate until your own implementation is ready). And all your work would not be lost should the project stops (I'm really not hopping that  ^^ ).

So please, consider this inside the team !

Whatever, thanks for the good work !
What are you talking about? 99% X-Com remake projects are open source  >:]
Posted Image

#50 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

Well recently i have downloaded this and found it pretty good (improvements in singleplayer), however been unable to test out multiplayer at least until i get my 2nd comp up and running and maybe bribe the wife to play  :)  (if its runnnable on a LAN, didnt check)  or until someone wants to devote some time to whupping my ass :)

Multiplayer xcom (either pvp or co-op) is one of my fantasies,  used to be able to play apoc with my brother (1 squad each on turn based)  but this would be awesome :)

#51 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Does it work over the net then? I'll happily go a few rounds as I'm rather impressed with this offering myself :)
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#52 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

Yeah it works,  still a few balance issues though  (snakemen laying eggs,  plasma research is based on wether the alien player wants the humans to have it, and without plasma the aliens can just tech up to mutons and the human has slim to no chance.)

also detecting ufo`s is a pain,  radar sucks and the graphs are 2-3 days delayed so an alien player can just rotate around the map and its hard to catch any.

Some house rules are needed to make it fair.

#53 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

Well then start writing some down! I'll make sure I have a recent release tomorrow and we'll try a game.

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#54 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Well as the alien player i think i would  :-

not use snakeman eggs (and not use snakemen terror missions - so no chryssalid)
Tech plasma first - (giving the human a chance to get muton beating weapons)

Those are the main things that unbalance it atm.  But im sure we will find more as it progresses :)

Will be online tomorrow :)

PM me your msn if you have one.  Makes it easier to chat :)

#55 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

Downloaded the most recent build and just checked out the multiplayer options. Seems we need the IP address of the host. So who is going to host, when are we going to play and who wants what side? Also how can we enable chatting at the same time as playing the game? I don't use MSN but I do have Skype... And finally is there a way to save progress in a multiplayer game or do we just play as long as we can then stop...

#56 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

Yeah ill host, already forwarded ther required port.  There is a chat function in game by pressing Tab followed by ctrl.   I dont mind playing either side.

Saving is enabled and ill have an autosave running too just in case of crashes.  

Just need to work out a time when you and i are online :)  (I`m GMT btw)

Only 1 more rule i thought of, but this is entirely optional (i use this rule in my singleplayer games of tftd and ufo),  is to only use auto shot when within 5 tiles of your enemy.  But as i said entirely optional :)

#57 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

Wow! What a rollercoaster ride that was :S We managed to get in a good few hours of gaming last night (till about 1am!) and played through just under 3 months with varying results. There were some missions that weren't particularly challenging for my Commies at all including a few small scouts that seem harder to destroy in this game than the original. There were also two notable pastings I took though, one from a large scout and one from just 6 aliens in a medium! I'm happy to say I achieved immediate revenge both time but I lost 10 troopers and a tank on both occasions. The last mission we played last night saw a team of 7 armoured vets with laser rifles and alien grenades get absolutely slaughtered by just 8 poorly armed sectoids!!!

Certainly playing against a human is far more challenging than a superhuman game and it forces a complete rethink of strategy and that's a very good thing... Having only played a few months in the early game it's hard to say whether or not the balance is right but personally I feel it should be easier for the alien player (Lysear in this game) to build new UFOs and troops. Simply give them more units with poorer stats as that's kind of the whole point of X-Com, overwhelming odds... In the total wipeouts I've suffered to date, it seems that the alien stats are almost too good when you couple them with a keen tactical human brain.

Of course, that's not to say it's wrong or unbalanced, we won't know that until we've played into the late game! I'm just saying that it might be an idea for the devs to move the alien player more towards numerical superiority than they currently seem to be. As it is I have to land at each and every site for missions but I'd like to see it a bit more hectic with more detections. Give me a reason to drop them in the ocean sometimes when I'm not up for the fight...

Hopefully Lysear will come and share his thoughts at some point too as I'm yet to play the aliens so can only discuss the human side of the war. Regarding further gaming I'm out to the gym this morning so will be either this afternoon or probably not at all. Will pm you when I'm back around lunchtime if I fancy another bashing :)

#58 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

Well im always up for it (will have to be after 9:30 tonight though, going bowling)  ^^.  Had so much fun last night.

From my (the aliens) point of view, i thought the balance was decent witht the rules that i stuck to, by sticking to 1 region until you found me gave you a fighting chance, if i rotated my patrols every time there probably would have been even less interceptions.   I think it needs an increse in radar strength (but im not sure if multiple modules does this in tts).

Replacing UFO`s on the aliens side isnt that hard, i just made it hard for myself by not building extra workshop type thingys (it was my first game as aliens, was unsure what the buildings do :)), now that i have been playtesting most of the night on singleplayer with aliens i know better what the buildings do :(.

As for the tactical battles, facing a human opponent is much more thrilling than pasting the ai,  the balance is in favor of xcom in the early game in terms of 14 troops (or 10 and a tank :))  facing a max of 8 in a large scout, but from the view of the alien player if i can take out 4+ of the xcom forces (officers if im lucky, i can make the others panic)  then i count the mission as a success.  

Teching plasma first slowed me down, but it also allowed me to get rifles, which negated the personal armour when Vet got it  :),  Plus on the aliens side research is directly tied to the abduction missions i send my craft on.... the more they are intercepted the less research i get (and vet did a good job of intercepting my small scouts)

However with the introduction of the large scout and some bigger ships i think i can negate the xcoms numerical advantage, also most of our fights had been in the dark too, which gave me the advantage due to the aliens better night vision :(

But all in all im definatly looking forward to more    (and it was very fitting that in one of the missions, my sectoid had 4 contacts, and the tu`s for an aimed shot -  picking a random soldier it fired and killed him, then i got a message from Vet saying it was the one he renamed after himself, made me lol)   :(

#59 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

You around before bowling mate? I'm back now and fancy a bit of a play but I certainly don't want another 2am bedtime :s Let me know if you have time for  a few rounds before you go out!

And yes you are a swine, I renamed only 3 troopers and of the 4 in the lineup one was me and one was Pete. He got me :)

#60 Lysear

Lysear

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Bah wish i was lol, had to go shopping with the mrs and the daughter  :)   now im about to do a bit weight training and then jump in the bath before my league,  even if your only up for doing until 11 or so tonight we may be able to get a litttle more played  :).

eager to get my large scouts up in the air again  (at least til you pound em with avalanches)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users